Anything i've missed?

Tifstorey

Guinea Pig
I guess this is the right part of the forum to post this - So me and my production team have decided to put a gig on showcasing the bands we've recorded whilst giving us a bit of publicity.

We have inside sources within the Student union and so have managed to get anything up to £2000 for it, so money isn't really an issue (But obviously we cant take the piss :( )

I've helped out organising a few successful gigs in the past 2 years, but this is the first time it's really on my head, so i'm a little nervous to ensure i have got everything sorted.

I have the 4 bands we will be using, ensured they will be doing all they're own stuff to not infringe any copyright crap. The venue has it's own set up, and i'll be engineering with another chap. We've got flyers going out aswell as posters and such to be advertising it. The venue will be providing door staff and bar folk, so we dont really need to worry about that.

I've got a lass who will be selling Cd's of the acts on the night, aswell as a list of names and such so we can get them on our 'mailing list' and piss them off with that kind of crap.

I remember helping out on the last event i helped with and there seemed to be so much more things to organise.. Am i missing anything? :(

Advice will be much appreciated of course,

Apart from keeping the bands sober before they play, you look pretty organised to me. Hope it goes well!

The order of the bands in which they will take to the stage!
Someone needs to make sure the bands are on and off the stage with the minimal of fuss! I have played at many gigs where there has been confusion and arguments as to who is playing when!

Gorty said:
The order of the bands in which they will take to the stage!
Someone needs to make sure the bands are on and off the stage with the minimal of fuss! I have played at many gigs where there has been confusion and arguments as to who is playing when!

Basically someone needs to be the Stage Manager as such! The change out between bands should be kept to a relatively short time eg 15-20 mins.

wilko said:
Good advice from the Gortman!

:) Like I said, I have been playing at gigs where the ol "WE ARE BETTER AND MORE KNOWN THAN THEM, WHY SHOULD WE GO ON FIRST".

Whenever we supported or played with some big time bands there was always a print out of the order of the bands to play and the on and off stage times!

Ah nice one - Cheers guys. I want a quick turnover of bands, it's all funk/jazz bands though so the drummers are going to be the toughest with there poncey unique set up they want.

There's 2 lads in the team that have nothing to do and they're rubbing it in my face that they can go there just to have a few drinks and watch the bands.. Not anymore! :D

Gorty said:
:) Like I said, I have been playing at gigs where the ol "WE ARE BETTER AND MORE KNOWN THAN THEM, WHY SHOULD WE GO ON FIRST".

Whenever we supported or played with some big time bands there was always a print out of the order of the bands to play and the on and off stage times!
Since when has it been better to go on first? :confused:

Back