Yoko Ono record album

CoolCat

I have a few reocrd albums of Yoko screaming in pain and John Lennon plays guitar or makes noises in the back ground.

these are originals and rare.

$500,000 is starting price ...no low ballers

I have a few reocrd albums of Yoko screaming in pain and John Lennon plays guitar or makes noises in the back ground.

Ok, I will take them off your hand for $500,000. Cash only.

I think I might hold on to them a little longer, now that I read the Get Back(Let It Be) re-release is coming out...which might include some of this music and bring more demand for it.

Theres also the new movie Above Us Only Sky- Netflix....that seems to be telling a new generation that all of Johns stuff was really Yoko's brainchild and not his. She pretty much wrote Imagine , for example, not john...it was all her vibe he was just doing the piano and vocal part. I didnt know that? wow....simply put, per the new movie...she was the real talent not him.

So there might be incentive of cash increase to sit on these albums another decade or two.

Thanks for the cash offer ...as it confirms I did have them priced correctly.

If you gave me $500,000 to take them off your hands...........I wouldn't ! :wtf:

Life is way too short to hear Yoko putting the banshees to shame.

its art, if you dont think its worth $500,000 thats cool ..... not everyone liked picaso-ish art either or the dude who cut his ear off.

if this a reverse psychology to try to get me to unload them cheap and think they arent worth anything, thats not probably going to work.

still, for those who appreciate the artistic freedom and in my opinion, some of the best gurgling screams on vinyl ,I have several of the albums my older brother gave me, he said he doesnt want them any more either. Hes gotten older and the "hipness" seems to have left him.

These could predate before Slipknot and many other screamer genre of famous name people, too many famous really huge singers to mention... might have learned how to sing from these rare and highly collectible albums. Of course I have no data to prove this but its possible Yoko not only vibed all Johns work....but she started Heavy Metal too. Not many people know this, only true music historical experts know this.

The greatest judgement of Yoko's vocal talents and style of music came from John himself. After those early solo albums {pre Beatle break up} of wailing and noise, John went back to writing.....songs. Sure, he primal screamed a bit. But they were still songs. The wailing went.
Given the choice between listening to Yoko wail and getting bitten by a leopard, I'd run off to Bolivia !

I plan on putting out a Yoko style album. I'll take my recorder to a Cat Cafe, and proceed to step on as many tails as I can.

It should be a million dollar masterpiece.

I always thought she was a very beautiful woman back in the day. So you know my opinions on her voice are genuine ~ I'm not fooled by her looks.

I have the Two Virgins album (it doesn't have the brown bag). I put it on ONCE, and that was it.

When John was murdered I put it up for sale, and a guy was going to give me $200 for it. I just had to meet him outside the Dakota. I declined.

I bet I could still sell it. Though today I'd probably get $5. Which is still more than I paid.

I often wonder what those few rare concerts were like.... imagine the vibe and hippieness going on....the excitement of a "real" Beatle to play.....live!! and then what they got was the screaming thing.

i read clapton was puking on heroin all day and well I think it was heroin, maybe it was the sounds they were making?

ive read different articles where there was a lot of boo-ing and cat calls from the audience during the Yoko songs..maybe they were just singing along...but Instant Karma and Cold Turkey were great from that chapter.? 1969-70... 71? wasnt the concert in Canada? anyone here on HR go to the concert?

Ive got that album too, the one with the Calendar..Live in Toronto!

off topic I was wondering about the recent presidential debates and that Bagism thing, and thought what if Trump and Biden sat in bags and debated..filter out all the visuals and only hear them... posting on the internet is kind of a form of Bagism...I could be typing this from inside a Bag for all anyone knows.

Attachments

• bagism.jpg
    bagism.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 36
I'm pretty sure if you used Yoko's voice as a burglar alarm, you'd be sued by the thieves for cruel and unusual punishment.

There are extremely talented avant-garde artists like Laurie Anderson, who are smarter than the art. That's what makes it entertaining. She told this great story about the evolution of male spiders. After mating, the female kills the male. Eventually one smart male brought a "present". After mating, she went to see what he brought, he escaped. When I met her on the street I had to ask her about it, I found it fascinating. Because in my feeble mind, A) spiders can't communicate B) If the male is killed, the babies don't know it. C) If the male escapes, he still can't tell the off-spring. She smiled at my stupidity and said "Instinct".

Then there are people like Yoko who have absolutely no talent, and fool very few. She had John fooled. She must have been a great lay.

Karen and I in the 80s used to get drunk and go to "modern dance" performances. We'd just smile and giggle while everyone else was enthralled by people rolling around the stage haphazardly. Modern dance is worse than bad dramatic theatre. Then there was the AWFUL avant-garde COPERNIOUS. I wish I could find video of this psycho. He used to get booked regularly, and be booed 95% of the time.

It's hard to be worthy of the term avant-garde.

I'm pretty sure if you used Yoko's voice as a burglar alarm, you'd be sued by the thieves for cruel and unusual punishment.
Cruel and unusual punishment would be the general idea. Can you imagine the sign ¬>"Burgle my house at your peril. Yoko sings here !"
It's hard to be worthy of the term avant-garde
Until he met and got in with Yoko, John used to say "Avant-garde is French for 'bullshit !'"
The things a woman can change in a man !
Regardless of her voice though, she was a beautiful woman back in the day.

I actually have the records as posted.
They are for sale.

I admit I find the warbling style singing hilarious, but not as hilarious as the look on the crowds faces.
Another great example is the Rock N Roll circus J&Y part where she does the avant-garde singing and the fiddle players look on his face gives me a grin everytime....even in the Toronto video Clapton frowns abit wondering "where is this chord progression song going"....and really to hold a straight face must have been out of respect?

but the truth is I will never listen to these albums ever again and will probably sell them all for $5,000...if anyone is serious.

Back