Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yoko Ono record album

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    "Art for art's sake"- Lennon was a POS.

Thanks
    I have the Two Virgins album (it doesn't have the brown bag). I put it on ONCE, and that was it.

When John was murdered I put it up for sale, and a guy was going to give me $200 for it. I just had to meet him outside the Dakota. I declined.

I bet I could still sell it. Though today I'd probably get $5. Which is still more than I paid.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman999 View Post
    When John was murdered I put it up for sale, and a guy was going to give me $200 for it. I just had to meet him outside the Dakota. I declined.

You kill me !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TalismanRich View Post
    I plan on putting out a Yoko style album
    See, that's the thing. There is no Yoko style when it comes to singing !
    I promise I won't download it but I might pirate it and sell it as a burglar alarm !

Thanks
    I often wonder what those few rare concerts were like.... imagine the vibe and hippieness going on....the excitement of a "real" Beatle to play.....live!! and then what they got was the screaming thing.

i read clapton was puking on heroin all day and well I think it was heroin, maybe it was the sounds they were making?

ive read different articles where there was a lot of boo-ing and cat calls from the audience during the Yoko songs..maybe they were just singing along...but Instant Karma and Cold Turkey were great from that chapter.? 1969-70... 71? wasnt the concert in Canada? anyone here on HR go to the concert?

Ive got that album too, the one with the Calendar..Live in Toronto!

off topic I was wondering about the recent presidential debates and that Bagism thing, and thought what if Trump and Biden sat in bags and debated..filter out all the visuals and only hear them... posting on the internet is kind of a form of Bagism...I could be typing this from inside a Bag for all anyone knows.
    Attached Images Attached Images bagism-jpg 

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure if you used Yoko's voice as a burglar alarm, you'd be sued by the thieves for cruel and unusual punishment.

There are extremely talented avant-garde artists like Laurie Anderson, who are smarter than the art. That's what makes it entertaining. She told this great story about the evolution of male spiders. After mating, the female kills the male. Eventually one smart male brought a "present". After mating, she went to see what he brought, he escaped. When I met her on the street I had to ask her about it, I found it fascinating. Because in my feeble mind, A) spiders can't communicate B) If the male is killed, the babies don't know it. C) If the male escapes, he still can't tell the off-spring. She smiled at my stupidity and said "Instinct".

Then there are people like Yoko who have absolutely no talent, and fool very few. She had John fooled. She must have been a great lay.

Karen and I in the 80s used to get drunk and go to "modern dance" performances. We'd just smile and giggle while everyone else was enthralled by people rolling around the stage haphazardly. Modern dance is worse than bad dramatic theatre. Then there was the AWFUL avant-garde COPERNIOUS. I wish I could find video of this psycho. He used to get booked regularly, and be booed 95% of the time.

It's hard to be worthy of the term avant-garde.

Thanks
    Heres a taste of the Toronto infamous event in rock n roll history.... captured on side 2
    *serious bids only please starting at $10,000
    ** can be autographed, just let me know what color of ink you want me to use

"PLAY LOUD"
    Plastic Ono Band John Lennon and Eric Clapton Don t Worry Kyoto Mummy s Only Looking For He Hand in The Snow Toronto 1969 - YouTube

yoko ono sings horribly - YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toronto-sale-png  

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure if you used Yoko's voice as a burglar alarm, you'd be sued by the thieves for cruel and unusual punishment.
    Cruel and unusual punishment would be the general idea. Can you imagine the sign >"Burgle my house at your peril. Yoko sings here !"
    It's hard to be worthy of the term avant-garde
    Until he met and got in with Yoko, John used to say "Avant-garde is French for 'bullshit !'"
    The things a woman can change in a man !
    Regardless of her voice though, she was a beautiful woman back in the day.

Thanks
    I actually have the records as posted.
    They are for sale.

I admit I find the warbling style singing hilarious, but not as hilarious as the look on the crowds faces.
    Another great example is the Rock N Roll circus J&Y part where she does the avant-garde singing and the fiddle players look on his face gives me a grin everytime....even in the Toronto video Clapton frowns abit wondering "where is this chord progression song going"....and really to hold a straight face must have been out of respect?

but the truth is I will never listen to these albums ever again and will probably sell them all for $5,000...if anyone is serious.

Thanks
    If you can get $5000 for Yoko's singing, you deserve it and are one seriously cool cat !

Thread Information