[WANTED] WTB Roland 40 XL Guitar Amp in Toronto

gvdv

Hi,
I am closed to dowtown Toronto, and am looking for a Roland 40 XL guitar amp in mint, or very good condition.

Thanks.

Good luck!

I've had my eye out for one of those for a couple years. Practically "unobtainium" it seems, so I use a multi-FX in front of a Blue Cube. Sticking a mic smack in front of a MicroCube is not a bad sound, if that's an option, depending on what you're going for.

Good luck!

I've had my eye out for one of those for a couple years. Practically "unobtainium" it seems, so I use a multi-FX in front of a Blue Cube. Sticking a mic smack in front of a MicroCube is not a bad sound, if that's an option, depending on what you're going for.

Hi Keith,
Thanks for your reply.

The Cube 40 XL does seem to be difficult to find - almost as rare as the proverbial hen's teeth.

I presume that is because they are so good.

I will never be able to fathom why Roland (Boss) discontinued this range of amps. I have the original Cube 30, and it is fantastic. And rugged as hell.

I am glad that they have that power squeeze feature on the 40 XL, though, because even at the '1' setting on the volume control,my Cube 30 is loud in my apartment, so I would have preferred that Roland/Boss made this in a 30 watt version, or that they put the power squeeze and looper features on the 20 watt version.

Despite the difficulty in finding the amp, I have tracked one down - found another, too, but it was in another city.

Good luck to you in finding a Cube 40 XL.

Back