Wanted - YOUR music for our clients in tv, radio, films, adverts, games etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...if you DID read the rest of my post and some others previously.... :)

I can't help it. I just skim and don't generally read long posts. They're usually not that interesting.

I think yall do a pretty good job with spam overall, which is why it is sort of odd that yall let this one through. But no matter to me as I'm not giving that guy any music.

Legitimate businesses should pay for their ads, either with cash for ads in the margins or by making useful contributions in exchange for discreet links in their signature lines.

What's funny is that original post shows it was made 2-2-12 and 6 days ago the OP posted the site was undergoing maintenance - here it is April 15 and the website is still down??!!! What legitimate business has their only portal down for a week? :eek:

What's funny is that original post shows it was made 2-2-12 and 6 days ago the OP posted the site was undergoing maintenance - here it is April 15 and the website is still down??!!! What legitimate business has their only portal down for a week? :eek:

It's all part of the marketing ploy! :rolleyes:

Goodbye Jon. :(

Legitimate businesses should pay for their ads, either with cash for ads in the margins or by making useful contributions in exchange for discreet links in their signature lines.

^^^This^^^

I would think France would enforce the TOS so this guy would cough up some money for advertisement space. Missed opportunity for them. I don't get it....

...and I might even click on his ad if he had a website to go to. I'm very interested in getting my music into TV/Film/Video/Etc.

...and I might even click on his ad if he had a website to go to.

I think that's the thing.
He has no website or bona-fide *business*.
If he provides a link to an Internet "storefront", with business content and clients and what not....then his free ad will come down.
If he never posts it...then he's not really going to do much business...is he? :)

Glad I stopped by - my notifications have decided to not notify me of replies recently. I have to say, it's really strange being talked about as if I'm not going to come back!

I have to pull most of you up on one thing - I'm not advertising my company. I'm requesting the services of composers and musicians.

I'm quite peed-off that my site isn't fnished, but apparently bespoke database search code takes longer to write than standard web pages, so I'll let my developer off.

@Miroslav "Hey Adam...I understand what you are doing and how the profits break down compared to industry norms, and if indeed you are working to help songwriters place their music...that's all cool. There are many such service providers, so not a problem with you wanting to do that same.
However, I agree that the manner in which you are doing it here does come off "all thumbs"...and it would be much better if you had a finished/working website where all the details were laid out, some contact info...etc...etc.
Not sure why there's a "gap" between your old and new websites...I mean, even if you are now on new servers, you could have kept your old website content live on the new servers until your new website content was ready...there's really no need to let your website go dark during that process...but, that's for you to work out, I'm just saying that it's not helping your credibility doing it this way."

Thanks for the support (and for noticing Greg's short attention span when it comes to reading answers to his own questions!) - the old site was on a 2GB server and when I started building the pay-per-play catalogue it grew to around 400GB in about 2 weeks, thanks to a company with a large catalogue from America who understand the potential of this project and who knew me when I had the 'old' site.

Your point "discussion about song placement services is a good one, and rather than doing it here in the free classifieds....it might make better sense for someone to start a thread in the Marketing forum and let this thread go back to being just a classified advertisement" is the reason I emailed the mods first - there is \ was no specific section for my type of business, or a way for me to ask for submissions without sounding like spam. Sorry Greg and whoever else thought this was spam, but I made my case early on - if you can't be bothered to read all of it, I really don't have the time to defend myself for no reason.

@Typhoid Hippo - I joined recently because that was when I was looking for new tracks. No other reason involved.

If anyone wants to know about the what I have to do to get music placed, just read post #24.

Regarding my website, I'll post the url as soon as it's live. As I said before, I'll gladly listen to all submissions. I've been around too long to worry about forum comments - I used to be the same when I was making \ trying to push my music. All the companies were after my money, or wanted my tracks for no return, so I thought.

I won't bother trying to sway you. That's not why I'm here. I do ok from my own royalties. I'm just using my experience of writing for other libraries, and my new contacts, to push other peoples music.

I totally understand you'd prefer to wait until the site's back up, so save your fingers and your time and I'll return when the url's available.

In the meantime, you can check some of my contacts, my dodgy picture and my discogs (thanks anonymous music fan!) here:
uk.linkedin.com/in/makintrax

Thanks

Adam....not looking to reopen the can of worms, but here's where the problem is for some folks.

In some way, your ad here appears to be that of a service, for profit...a business...and that's where some members feel that since you're not just a musician looking to sell his guitar or something, that your ad should be viewed more as that of a "dealer", a company...and therefore should be viewed as either spam or you purchase ad space on HR like many other dealers/business do.
I totally get why some members view it that way.

That said, I can also see your perspective when you say that YOU are the one requesting the services of musicians composers, and are not in fact selling anything..therefore it's not spam.
It's a gray area, and has been somewhat of a dark gray area the last few days as some heated discussion have resulted from this.
Maybe if your thread was more of a discussion on placing music...but at that point, once you start taking money, it's back to the business thing again.
Not your fault for placing it here in the Free Ads forum...you asked and were told to put it here. You're good to go on that account.
However, I think that once you do put up a web-based "storefront", and outline your services and clients and whatnot...if you wish to continue promoting that here, it would be best for you talk to Chater-La, the administrator about how to proceed, and be prepared to take out a banner ad or sidebar ad...and you can discuss the cost of all that with Chater.
I think at that point you will be promoting it as a business...and even she would agree that it needs to be a paid-for ad.

Otherwise, AFA your type of service and is it good/legit...?...I have no issue with that and I think it's a good opportunity for musicians/songwriters since they will not be asked to pay-for-play, so no real risk.
Not sure of your ability to actually place songs...I guess that will prove itself over time...but those types of services could help a lot of songwriters who are not "artists", but are simply looking to sell their music.

So to wrap it up...IMO...I will leave this thread as-is, and suggest that when you are ready to expand your promotion once your website is done, that you get additional clarification from Chater on how to best do that here at HR.
I'm going to close this thread now...that way it doesn't get bumped up, or flare back into a heated debate.

Please feel free to discuss song placement methodology over in the Marketing forum, it's a good topic...but don't pimp your own services in there, as that will only turn off folks, and you're not going to get any favorable views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back