WANTED: Injured and Dying Guitars and Basses

invisiblemute

Hope this doesn't sound too lame and pitiful, but I'm a web and graphic designer who is barely scraping by due to saturation of the field. But until I learn other tricks to earn a living I'm cutting corners where I can. I'd like to learn to play guitar and bass but even E-bay has been too pricey for me.

So if any generous musician has a beat up, eyesore, barely playable, or flat out dead guitar or bass I promise to love and cherish it. My plan is to cobble working parts into something "playable." Ideally I'd pay for shipping but I would also be happy to trade my services -- business cards, flyers, posters, digital illustration, retouching, logos, web design, commisioned art, etc. I am also willing to buy if someone can give me a very generous price.

Thanks for you time.

Btw, I'm in the NYC/ North NJ area and would be overjoyed to cart away your "garbage."

Hey,

I too am a web designer who is into music (amongst other things). I have my own recording studio.

Anyway, that's besdie the point - the lat job I did was for a recording gear reseller - a database driven site, with some flash, but mostly php content. What did I get paid for this? Equipment! Microphones in this case. All I did was look in the back of a rather well know recording periodical and email all the resellers offering a swap: Web design for recording gear. I got about a one in twenty hit rate.

I'm in the UK, but I just thought you may be able employ the same tactics in NYC.

And it's worth remembering, there's sh**te loads of graphic/web designers, there's very few good graphic/web designers. :)

Hope that helps.

Stu

Stu, that's actually a really great suggestion. Unfortunantly I've fallen a little behind technically. Most of the ads I see want some jazzy Flash designer to make crap fly across the screen for cheap thrills. I'm trying to pick up PHP but it seems that people aren't quite trusting of open source tech yet.

Bolverk, sorry, I only have one computer that I can't spare. But thanks so much for offering.

i'm'

sample

By the way, here is an unsolicited logo tweak that I did for Paia a long time ago. Now that I look at it, it doesn't really convey the homegrown-solder-it-yourself attitude of Paia.

Attachments

• paia_logo.jpg
    paia_logo.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 54
Invisiblemute,

One suggestion I have is put up a website showing what you can do. If someone can easily see what you do and they like it they will be more apt to hire than just on your word alone. If you already have a website, post a link so we can check it out.:)

larry

Back