very cool JoeMeek VC3 just posted on Reverb

CoolCat

If anyones looking for a great British Sound piece of JoeMeek Voice Channel, VC3 "gold letter" early run,
up for $145 and $24 shipping.
on Reverb.

Helping to Pay for a couple drumsets picked up this weekend :drunk:

[MENTION=19723]CoolCat[/MENTION],
Coincidentally, I saw an exact same unit, same price, pop up on DFW Craigslist. You north of the Metromess?
Dale

Last edited:
That ad caught my eye because I have an old VC3Q that I bought many years ago, on C/L, and sent to Ted Fletcher for repair. Long story short: either [MENTION=29622]Seeker of Rock[/MENTION] or [MENTION=99712]moresound[/MENTION], on this board, put me on to Ted Fletcher's forum. I contacted him and he said send it to him. He repaired it, tweaked it, gave it a good soak test, put a new "inspected by TF"-sticker inside, and sent it back to me.
Those little strips are pretty fun to use. A nice little hidden gem.
Dale

Last edited:
Yes, the whole line is unique and I give them High Scores for being original.
Its a piece based off the golden years by someone who designed that gear, the manuals are a fun short read too.

I sold this one. SOLD.

Ive had the VC3 three times! the VC1 or VC1q a few times and the new versions also.
Its great stuff. I just dont "gather" so I trade and sell and buy if the gear hits.
Dude I came across a $175!! mint VC1....I didnt need it so I returned it in 30days...someone got the deal of the year on that unit.
I hope its being used but it was also mint enough for those who collect stuff and never use it, just like collecting...that was a piece.
It was through Guitar Center too and had to have been a misprint or something from some newbie...it was in 2020.

The gold letter Neve factory releases and the black letter, with Enhancer came out first....the EQ series , no enhancer was the third England series...the new ones are totally different, some new things but imo much much cleaner.

right now we're putting together a drums set for jamming, and getting a 4-channel set up of APHEX 107/207 with 106 quad compressors. When people dont have a powersupply, these $650 MRSP.....can be grabbed for $50 -$60!

VC3 is extremly close sound to the VC1, so I suspect its the same design of compressor and preamp, enhancer...no transformer and less gain etc...no VU meter etc...but soundwise I doubt I could tell the difference of the 3 to the 1..

The prices keep creeping up I notice. Even Art MPA VLA creeps up and up, ...so sometimes I see the VC3 or ISA One and theres another $100 on it. I usually sell what I paid or lose money.

putting them in perspective of the times, the cheap IC interface preamps and beginning digital everything wasnt so good sounding then.

these early outboards were loaded with good stuff, the transformers in the VC1 same as some of the BAE stuff, the huge amount of the channel strips loaded like one high end channel of something....vs a brittle Alesis IC 16 track mixing board that weighed about 2 lbs of plastic and worse... kind of a era that grew from people wanting some mojo vsrsus the IC plastic sound.

but now theres an ocean of preamps and comps...and the interface preamps and plugins came in slowly and a lot of the hardware either died off or were conglomerated into some larger fish company to survive.

maybe its just me, but of the several Joe Meek old ones, I never had a scratchy pot or any bad issues, strange.

without the compressor ON, the preamp gain sounds like a lot of others, I dont have the golden ears for sure to tell miniscule subtle things. I guess alot of it is Marketing too, getting the Stars to promote the namebrands and the producers and engineers in SoundCity to name drop the gear.

but compared to a interface preamp....IC and a knob, these Voice Channels have a lot going on. I suppose like the Gibson Les Pauls I sold and 335....in 10 yrs the JoeMeeks will be selling for $3000 too.:facepalm:

Don't laugh........but I bought these MANY years ago and maybe used them once or so. I hadn't seen them for years and a number of moves. I dug them out this morning.......along with a few other old recording nuggets I forgot I had. Are these what you guys are talking about?

Joe Meek.jpg

Why the heck is this pic upside down? The original isn't.

Last edited:
Don't laugh........but I bought these MANY years ago and maybe used them once or so. I hadn't seen them for years and a number of moves. I dug them out this morning.......along with a few other old recording nuggets I forgot I had. Are these what you guys are talking about?

That'll work.

I think the VC1 was a slightly higher end unit, but now I can't really remember.

I know you're farther (further?) south than me, but not beyond the equator, so shouldn't they look right side up to me?:D

Hahahaha.........perhaps! I flipped the pic over in my pc and attached it......again.......and it was still upside down???? I give up.

To all..........when this "thing" has settled down to a point where I'll want to stand in a post office line.......I'll be happy to send these out to two people here......no power supplies......for free. I don't use them and if you can.........they're yours.

Hahahaha.........perhaps! I flipped the pic over in my pc and attached it......again.......and it was still upside down???? I give up.

To all..........when this "thing" has settled down to a point where I'll want to stand in a post office line.......I'll be happy to send these out to two people here......no power supplies......for free. I don't use them and if you can.........they're yours.

Ooh me! Pick me!

Like I said, I've always wanted one, but never had the money.

Ok....no problem. I'll send you the VC3 gold. PM me with your address.......but remember......I won't be sending it out anytime real soon.......but I will get it to you. And remember too.........no power supply will come with it.

Edit: I tested both of these and they work perfectly. One thing I can tell you is they need a clean and proper 12VAC power supply. Anything less than a proper supply seems to generate a very low/faint "noise". One of my power supplies........12VAC....1.0A....worked fine though. Be sure to look up the recommended unit and get that.

Last edited:
Ok....no problem. I'll send you the VC3 gold. PM me with your address.......but remember......I won't be sending it out anytime real soon.......but I will get it to you. And remember too.........no power supply will come with it.

Edit: I tested both of these and they work perfectly. One thing I can tell you is they need a clean and proper 12VAC power supply. Anything less than a proper supply seems to generate a very low/faint "noise". One of my power supplies........12VAC....1.0A....worked fine though. Be sure to look up the recommended unit and get that.

COOL! Fair warning, you might have to help me a little. That one looks a little less intuitive.

Not to worry. It's not really very complicated to use. I'll bet there's a user manual or the like somewhere online. As I mentioned......I didn't use either of them much at all.....if ever....to be honest. I forgot I had them after a cross country move. If I can't help you use it.....I'm sure there are a lot of guys here who can. I'll be sending you the VC3 gold.

Don't forget.......you need to PM me your address. And as I mentioned........it will be a bit before I get it mailed.

I found that way key. I was able to source some wall warts from Radio Shack, back when they were in business.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know not Cardio..............but I've tried other 12VAC 1.0A power supplies and maybe one out of 4 works properly with the Joe Meeks.

Back