Urie 1178 & ADR Compex - Can you service them in exchange for borrowing them?

Mr Funk

Hello

I have a classic ADR 760X-RS Compex (with transformer) that is in need of some attention. It needs some new pots for sure (3 or 4 have been snapped off), but possibly other repairs (caps etc) and a general look over/service.

I also have an 1178 that has one dodgy VU meter and could do with a service.

I have not used either unit since I got them, but believe the Urie to be very good condition as it came from a studio I used to work at. The ADR also came from a broadcast studio, so hopefully will be not too bad either.

Thing is, I don't have any money to pay for expensive repair labour costs, but I am willing to pay for required parts. If anyone with the relevant knowledge and skills would like to repair/service these units in exchange for the use of them for 3 months (and possible loans in the future) it would be great to up to scratch.

I assume to hire these units for 3 months would not be cheap, so it seems like a fair deal to me? Like I say, I'm sure neither will require lots of work, but I'd like an expert to get them to shine!

If you are interested, please email me at kanedwilliams@hotmail.com

I would need to know what experience you have obviously. I can deliver to most places in England.

Cheers

Kane Williams

I also have an 1178 that has one dodgy VU meter and could do with a service.

Where abouts in the UK are you? I've had a bit of experience with Urei (servicing the 1176s that the studio I work at has) so might be able to help you out there.

PM me perhaps? I'll probably forget to check this forum....

Back