TEXTURE midi sequencing program users...Let's Talk!!!

tcdave

I am interested in talking with people who know the MIDI program called Texture. I have a version of it and I am trying to get to know it. I you know something about it, please post it here! It was designed by Roger Powell and Musicsoft. Are there any higher versions of it?

Talk to you soon!

tcdave

Texture:

hi, Dave..i happen to STILL be using Texture..(i've been using it for about 16 years)..& i'd be happy to talk about whatever you'd like to speak on about it..i'd written a letter to your email address..(thinking)..i also see that you haven't been on here in a minute..(laughing)..well?? if you get my email, hit me back ASAP..Peace..& God bless..

A-Weapons

Can't offer any help as I bought Texture when it first came out. Was just learning DOS, trying to "stripe" a track on my old Tascam 4 track and getting Texture to sync with it. Was 'over my head' back then! LOL. Sold the whole thing and lost a bundle!

Funny, I can build a PC in the dark now and have 5 computers all linked via midi/LAN and 2-8x8 JC Cooper midi patchers. It runs like a charm. My how the years go by......

Good luck with yer Texture!

Peace.....Ron

PS: Believe I even talked to Roger a few times on the phone back then asking for H-E-L-P!!!! (to no avail on my part).

11-11-2001, I cant belive this thread was brought back! :eek: the original poster has not been here for one year to the day.

I used Textures in the mid 90s and would love to use it again. I found it at usuarios.advance. com (the top search result for textures midi sequencing). I came into a Roland MPU-IPC-T and would like to get it working with a PC. I see the modern PCs can't really run DOS but there is an emulator called VirtualBox. I found there are still motherboards with ISA slots. I wonder if VirtualBox would recognize the interface or if I would need to find a vintage XT machine. Anyone have any ideas how I can make this work?

Hey Mods!

Clean up on aisle 3!!!!

(i.e. please move this thread to somewhere more appropriate like Midi Mania).

TIA.

Yeah. It doesn't sound very relevent in this day and age, does it.

c:\> delete *.*

:laughings:

Ok i still use texture 4.25 and also Texture Live for the gig.
It now runs within Dosbox 0.74, and runs well on win7 ultimate on a laptop, without the need for a physical Mpu 401
I really enjoy the pattern style simplicity, and also use a dos TRS macro application called Superkey.
The midi runs through Loopmidi, and the only problem has been the limit of 50 songs in Texture Live.
The macro app fixed that, loading a new 50 songs at the press of a single F key, so my repertoire of 300 or so is virtually available instantly.
Anyhow it still lives.
Cheers
Kiff

Back