For Sale: SYTEK MPA4Aii preamp

60's guy

For Sale:

SYTEK – MPA4Aii 4 channel preamp with Burr-Brown op amps on channels 3 & 4.

Specs can be read here: Sytek Audio Systems - MPX-4Aii Four-Channel Microphone Preamplifier

I’m asking $725 for this preamp which has only seen 3 hours of use. I’m looking for a buyer in the U.S. only and I will package the unit with the manual and pay the shipping cost.

Bank check or money orders only prior to shipping.

If you are interested, send me a me PM and I’ll give you the details.

I'll trade you an Epi Airscreamer with clear bobbin pickups and functional LED side marker lights :cool: But we have an escrow service.

For Sale:

SYTEK – MPA4Aii 4 channel preamp with Burr-Brown op amps on channels 3 & 4.

Just curious...what did you think of it overall (you can PM me if you don't want to say anything bad here :) ).

I've almost purchased one of these a few times over the years...but something else always came up. There was a brief period where everyone was buying these up a few years back...then the excitement kinda died down, but I always wondered about their flavor and how much the BB channels differed from the stock.

Just curious...what did you think of it overall (you can PM me if you don't want to say anything bad here :) ).

I've almost purchased one of these a few times over the years...but something else always came up. There was a brief period where everyone was buying these up a few years back...then the excitement kinda died down, but I always wondered about their flavor and how much the BB channels differed from the stock.
I dont have anything bad to say about the preamp. It does what it was advertised to do. I'm selling it because I have a few other preamps that I seem to use more frequently whenever I actually get off my ass and record something. I still use a DMP3, an ART Pro VLA, and couple pres which suit my needs. I bought the Sytek out of curiousity and gear lust and when I had a need for 4 channels for use at a given time. I record totally alone these days and the 2 channel preamps I have suit my needs.

You can read Mojo's review http://www.mojopie.com/2008/12/sytek-mpx-4aii.html and I concur with his review.

Last edited:
It never sold, and then after a few months I decided to keep it and use it for recording when I get old.:eek:

Back