Roland VS-880EX for sale, or trade for 840EX+cash

dstewart

I have a Roland VS-880EX up for auction on eBay. It's the stock, out-of-the-factory EX, not the add-on-modified V-expanded. Includes the recorder, power cable, full manual set, additional VS-880EX Application Guide from Roland. 2.1 GB hard drive.

It is up for auction ( http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1405068136 ). But if it doesn't sell (short, three-day auction, ends Monday 1/22), I would also like to trade it for a Roland VS-840EX + some cash ($200?).

So if you have a VS-840EX but have wanted to move up to the VS-880EX hard disk recorder, let me know: dsvs@marcen.com will route it to that special e-mail box for VStudio conversations!

[Since people have a tendency to ask why I would want to trade down: You're probably way more advanced in recording than I am, and I want a simpler machine. I got a decent deal on the 880EX, thinking I wanted a hard disk. But while the 880EX is, I grant, a lot more powerful than the 840EX, it's also more complex. For what I want to do, I think simpler is the better way to go for me. I have a BR-8 (which, as soon as I get an 840EX, I'll sell), and like its style of display and functional selection, and the VS-840EX is about midway between the BR-8 and 880EX in the simplicity-ease/power balance. Thus I want to get in that niche, and want to trade down from the 880EX to an 840EX.]

Back