PM1000 Channel Strips

Spdrman288

I have 16 - PM1000 Channel Strips that I'm trying to get rid of. They came out of a 32 channel board. $75+shipping & Paypal
Brad

Hey brad

Want to trade them for some JM27's? :)

Seriously though are these right out of the consol, or have they had anything done?

-josh

Last edited:
They, are right out of the console. You should call Rodney at Old World Audio. the things he is doing to rack these things up will blow your mind! he can turn this circuit into some VERY similar to a 1073 for pennies compared to the price of a 1073.

i have some serious questions here.

how much gain?

what kind of inputs, phantom power?!?!

i really dont know what im talking about here but im looking for preamps...

I'm thinking you will need a power supply for these too yes?

Upon reading a little on a couple of mods for these strips it turns out they are quite nice.
A power supply can be bought online in kit form, this would make a nice project.

I'd probably take one for $50.00 shipping included;-)

DD

I've used PM1000's a ton, and they truly are great sounding mic preamps. The EQ's can even be cool with a few bucks worth of caps and 10 minutes of your time. The hard part is racking them up. That said, once you do, you have Nevish design, with a nice input transformer, inductor based EQ's, and class A circuitry throughout. They really do sound great. I've used them with great result on drums, bass, guitar, and just about anything you throw at it. The only thing I didn't really like them on was vocals, and that may just be because I prefer tube mic pres almost exclusively on vocals.

They are well worth the money if you're willing to put some elbow grease into them. I regularly took the PM1000's for drums and bass over my 1272's and my API's. I modded mine to have better EQ points, again this is easy and cheap, and I also upgraded all of the capacitors in mine. Again, recapping these things is super easy and costs very little, and the result is wonderful.

It's a great first project for someone looking to get into DIY, or someone who wants great sound on the cheap and has the drive to see the thing through to completion.

They, are right out of the console. You should call Rodney at Old World Audio. the things he is doing to rack these things up will blow your mind! he can turn this circuit into some VERY similar to a 1073 for pennies compared to the price of a 1073.

I emailed him and he is booked and not taking orders...his place does look cool...as do the units. do you know of anyone else who racks these?

Mike

I don't. I'm trying to figure out how to do something similar to OWA, but it will probably be a long process.

If anything it would be worth pick up the modules now so that when he is freed up you already have the modules to do the mods.

I already have some, but in order to help you sell them, I'd be happy to help anyone who wants to rack them.

I won't be able to do it for you, but I'll give you complete instructions on how to do it, and where to find the parts, including the rack panel. Please ignore the giant scratch I put on the right side!

-Craig

Attachments

• PM1000Front.jpg
    PM1000Front.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 70
I appreciate it. Your rack job looks pretty good btw. Now this has become a deal you can't refuse. the channel strips and instructions! Can Life get any better?!

Back