pay it forward to people in need..

Jamal Bucket

so its X-MAS and i had this idea ..

we are all musicians on here ( for the most part ) and as such I'm sure YOU like me have alot of musical equiptment just sitting around ...well what if i said i was willing to send someone who could really use it ..my epiphone silver sparkle les paul ..its was a 500.00 guitar ...but i rarely ever play it...the only condition is whoever gets it need to post up something that they would like to send someone else who is in need of something ?.

sound fair ?..

now i dont mean ."hey i would like to have that guitar to add my collection " just simply a nice gesture , and its really something i would'nt miss all that much .

any thoughts ??...

J.

Attachments

• silver les paul.JPG
    silver les paul.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,260
not at all ..this guitar is just something i wouldnt really miss...its not about the value .
there arent any hidden agendas ..i just thought it was a small way to sorta spread a little cheer ?.

maybe if we called the the "ANNUAL XMAS HRDC SWAPMEET"..???

Well I have something I'd like to donate for xmas, but I dont want the guitar, the shipping costs would be gigantic to here. We could just pool a bunch of stuff together then work out who could use them the most..

EXCELLENT idea ....whatever works ..i just KNOW that we all have stuff that we dont use that someone else COULD use ...and i mean ...yeah you could ebay it ..but its suposed to be about the thought behind helping someone else out to me anyway .

i think a pool of stuff is a great idea !

also if people would feel more comfy with maybe a pm about something you need off the list thats fine too .

its weird , im usually a selfish non caring kinda guy ...but i dunno it just sorta struck me as i was sitting here looking at all the gear in this room ..some of which hasnt been touched in MONTHS ..that i bet SOMEone who needed it would be STOKED to have this guitar?!?!?..

*edit
NICE i see others already posting up ..

nice work people !

J.

Jamal Bucket said:
so its X-MAS and i had this idea ..

we are all musicians on here ( for the most part ) and as such I'm sure YOU like me have alot of musical equiptment just sitting around ...well what if i said i was willing to send someone who could really use it ..my epiphone silver sparkle les paul ..its was a 500.00 guitar ...but i rarely ever play it...the only condition is whoever gets it need to post up something that they would like to send someone else who is in need of something ?.

sound fair ?..

now i dont mean ."hey i would like to have that guitar to add my collection " just simply a nice gesture , and its really something i would'nt miss all that much .

any thoughts ??...

J.

I have an Ampeg SVT II Pro in a flight case that I don't use. I loaned it out for 6 months to a friend. When he returned it he said it was cutting out intermittantly. I've had a few of these heads, and it seems like this happened before and it was a loose solder joint.

Shipping would be deadly. It's a monster. A So Cal pickup would rule!

It's like this, but in a flight case-

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,479
Hey Jamal...
I could really use the guitar for gigging man....
I can offer up A pre-Sonus Tube Pre.....

I had to sell all the rest of my extra stuff besides what I gave away at the raffle at Jamfest.....

joro said:
Hey Jamal...
I would really like the guitar for gigging man....
I can offer up A pre-Sonus Tube Pre.....

i have one of those too...very lightly used. i also have a couple stomp boxes i don't really use.

ez_willis said:
I have an Ampeg SVT II Pro in a flight case that I don't use. I loaned it out for 6 months to a friend. When he returned it he said it was cutting out intermittantly. I've had a few of these heads, and it seems like this happened before and it was a loose solder joint.

Shipping would be deadly. It's a monster. A So Cal pickup would rule!

It's like this, but in a flight case-

I could definitely use the Ampeg, but I live in NY. How much do you think shipping would be? I have a tubepre and a behringer virtualizer, neither of which I use anymore.

Isn't there some type of charitable foundation that takes musical equipment and places in the hands of needy kids. :confused:

Well, lemme see here.

If anyone in SW Ontario is looking to get into playing drums, I have enough spare stuff to make an entire kit, with HI hats and a crash ride. You want them, come get them, it is a mixed bag of stuff.

If anyone wants a wooden Ludwig snare drum(needs new hdware) then take it, I will ship it anywhere in North America.

I have a few old AKG mics, a D65 and a D80 for anyone who wants them.

I got an old Yamaha compressor pedal, also for anyone who wants.

As for the the guys with Tube pres....... I just fried my behri tube pre, and don't have anything to replace it with now, and probly won't be able to have anything up and running until well after Christmas.
To whoever is closest to Ontario(for shipping purposes) PM me, and we will work something out.

Merry Christmas !

Simon

Interesting idea. I have to say that guitar is sweet! I've always had a thing for that sparkly boat paint sorta look, ever since I was a kid.

But what I really want for xmas is nice budget LDC mic. I've really been steering towards the SP c-1, lately, for whatever reason. It's a little out of my range (I'm flat broke), but I need something for vocals. But who wants to give up a mic, right? What do I have to offer?

I have a lexicon LXP-15 reverb/fx unit. I think it's beyond my capabilities, plus I'm shifting over to in-the-box recording and mixing, so rack gear is likely to just collect dust.

I have 2 Nady CL-5000 compression units.

That's pretty much it. I guess in reality, it's probably easier for me to egay this crap to try to get what I need...but I'll keep an eye on this thread, cuz it is a really cool idea.

Oh, I also have 2 pretty crappy routers (the woodworking, not the computer kind) that I could get rid of - they were destined for craigslist, but if any starting WW'ers here are interested, I'd give em up.

Back