pay it forward to people in need..

notbradsohner said:
Maybe we should just use this stuff to set up a mobile recording studio and go around to inner city schools and let kids record.
Good idea. The world could use a few thousand more rappers. :rolleyes:

How about we sell all the gear and establish an after school program to teach them how to not shoot each other.

ez_willis said:
Good idea. The world could use a few thousand more rappers. :rolleyes:

How about we sell all the gear and establish an after school program to teach them how to not shoot each other.

Man you're an asshole. :D

ez_willis said:
Hey man, I watch The Wire on HBO every week. I know what it's like to be a young brutha growing up in the PJ's! :D
I had some Superman PJ's as a kid. The kind with feet. I ripped the feet out.

Dogman said:
I had some Superman PJ's as a kid. The kind with feet. I ripped the feet out.

Mine where spidermans. I used to run as fast i could and slide across the kitchen floor with those things. :D

bigwillz24 said:
You know I'll grant your wish and send you a hard drive. It's somewhere between 20 - 80 GB I forgot how much and it's just sitting here looking me.

PM me turt. :)

mucho mucho thanks! and pm sent!

bigwillz24 said:
No problem... now if only someone would answer my christmas wish for some choice bud. :D

you live in Tehas, whats the problem? i couldn't get two feet out my door when i lived in Austin without having some random dude offer me this or that.:)

turtlishous said:
you live in Tehas, whats the problem? i couldn't get two feet out my door when i lived in Austin without having some random dude offer me this or that.:)
He's black. If "some random dude" offered him dope, it'd be a cop and they'd take his kids away from him. It just ain't worth it.

Santa will bring you a big fat green skunk for Xmas, willz! I can feel it!

all this talk about nugs got me a case of the munchies and i don't even somke the shit anymore?! would this be considered a flashback:) i think the best part of getting blazed was the munchies....i feel i might have to hit the corner store now.....ummmm....cheetoes sounds about right.....later on!

Supercreep said:
Hmm. I could certainly use a humbucker-equipped guitar.

I have some cheap chinese microphones to trade.

Or some behringer compressors. Or several sm-58 mics.

Oh well. It sure is a pretty guitar.

what kind of cheap chinese mics do you have? i'm pretty starved for microphones these days... :o

now is there a certain format that we are trying to follow here? or is it just a free for all gear trade? the way i understood is that Jamal gives the guitar, then the person who gets that gives their item, and the person who gets that item gives their item and so on....right? so this isn't really a by-request sorta deal, it just goes by the next person in line who wants what's on the table. right?

I mentioned this in my for sale ad but I have a friend who's really down on his luck and has a really great new band but has no amp of any kind to play thru. I've been loaning him my VJ but it just really doesn't work with a whole band playing. Anyway I'm trying to sell some stuff to raise money to buy him a decent amp for Christmas, he's the kind of guy that always gives and he's just about the nicest human being I know. He just lost his job and just had a baby and absolutely can't afford to spend any money on himself. If anyone has a combo lying around that they don't use anymore I'd be willing to pull the VJ off the market and trade it. Sorry if this doesn't follow the format but I thought I'd try.

yeah , really there is no format ...it should be about the spirit of passing on something to someone who could use it ...in whatever form that may be . :)
initally i thought that it should be whoever got my guitar then offered something else to the next respondant .??...but it seems too "who replied fastest " to me ..what if some kid who really needed it was in school all day and didnt get a chance to respond in time ?...anyway i think in the spirit in which all this is intended that it will all work out ...it should anyway .
i dont have any extra amps I'm afraid . :(

i believe if there are multiple people who would like a certain item , that the "draw names from a hat " is the fairest way right ?..

i say we just keep compiling the list ...next wed we will finalize a list of whats still on the table ..and draw names accordingly ?..

any thoughts appreciated .

ok so count me in. i'll see if i can dig up any other stuff i can donate. and i'll pay shipping on whatever i send out, since it's not that big anyway.

jonnyc said:
I mentioned this in my for sale ad but I have a friend who's really down on his luck and has a really great new band but has no amp of any kind to play thru. I've been loaning him my VJ but it just really doesn't work with a whole band playing. Anyway I'm trying to sell some stuff to raise money to buy him a decent amp for Christmas, he's the kind of guy that always gives and he's just about the nicest human being I know. He just lost his job and just had a baby and absolutely can't afford to spend any money on himself. If anyone has a combo lying around that they don't use anymore I'd be willing to pull the VJ off the market and trade it. Sorry if this doesn't follow the format but I thought I'd try.
Merry Christmas Friend.

HeyHeyMyMy said:
I'll add to my earlier list of stuff a Boss TU-2 tuning pedal which powers on but doesn't read the signal coming in. Like my SM57, it could be a simple fix for someone who knows what they're doing. I wish I had some better stuff to offer, man...

hey ...i mean SOMEBODY out there would be stoked to have that ....and really ..it could be offering anything ...i mean ...hey mix someones song for them ...its not about how good something is it should be about how NEEDED something is . :)

Jamal Bucket said:
i believe if there are multiple people who would like a certain item , that the "draw names from a hat " is the fairest way right

No.

Send me the guitar so I can send zed the Ampeg so he can send.....

Back