pay it forward to people in need..

ez_willis said:
I've been at school all day so I have no idea where this thread has been. I'm not going to read it all either.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but are we serious about this?

If Jamal sends me the guit, I'll send the Ampeg(unless by the grace of God someone in California can play this game too) to the next person who has something to send someone else.

Great idea, Jamal!

Once again, I'll take the ampeg and send out a tube pre and a virtualizer pro. If It's still available, sent a pm.

nevermind looks like tc4b had first dibs on the ampeg, unless you can't ship it to NY. i know that thing is a heavy beast.

ez_willis said:
I've been at school all day so I have no idea where this thread has been.
There 'ya go. That's bound to happen when you spend all day at Daycare! ;)

Nice bass head, BTW. :cool:

notbradsohner said:
I think everyone here trusts Jamal. I think that he should be allowed to draw the names and post the list. Let's set a deadline sometime next week to offer something up. Also, I dont think we should have people without a reputation in the drawing. What is to prevent someone from taking but never actually returning the favor? I have good faith in most people here, but if someone shows up with 10 posts, should the be allowed to put up something that they may or may not have?

ok well how about next wed for a deadline ...? i will draw friday and post , that should afford people enough time to get most stuff shipped by xmas .

as for the no reputation participants , to me , its about the giving someone something they said they had a need for , if that person turns around and sells it on ebay , well thats on them , im doing this for me mostly , its been awhile since ive felt sefless so im RUNNIN with it :)

Jamal Bucket said:
if that person turns around and sells it on ebay

Ahhh Fuck! I didn't think of that!

I'll say it right here and now, if I send my Ampeg to someone and it ends up on Ebay, not only is it on them, but I will put a curse on 'em! They'll never even get close enough to smell a pussy, ever again! :mad: :mad:

I'll add to my earlier list of stuff a Boss TU-2 tuning pedal which powers on but doesn't read the signal coming in. Like my SM57, it could be a simple fix for someone who knows what they're doing. I wish I had some better stuff to offer, man...

hey forget the drum machine. I want that tuner! How hard would it be to fix for someone thatdoesnt know what they're doing?

watermelon said:
hey forget the drum machine. I want that tuner! How hard would it be to fix for someone thatdoesnt know what they're doing?

In all honesty, I have no idea. I opened it up and looked at the wiring and there don't seem to be any loose connections or anything, so I don't know what to look at next. I plug it in and it comes on, but it won't recognize the signal coming in from the instrument. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll get back to you tomorrow afternoon. I've got to go study for a damned exam now... :eek:

HeyHeyMyMy said:
In all honesty, I have no idea. I opened it up and looked at the wiring and there don't seem to be any loose connections or anything, so I don't know what to look at next. I plug it in and it comes on, but it won't recognize the signal coming in from the instrument. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll get back to you tomorrow afternoon. I've got to go study for a damned exam now... :eek:
Is your guitar turned up? ;)

turtlishous said:
wow! there really is a santa clause:) or many of them......

being that i'm a cook and get payed enough to get rent and bills covered(eat at work:)) i really don't have anything to offer in the way of tangable goods, but i would love to spend some time on a bassline for some one if they needed.

i'm not much for taking handouts, but i would scrape together the cash to pay shipping on a harddrive if one of ya'll had one collecting dust. my 10 gb that came with the pc is approching full, and there isn't much left for me to delete.

WAY to GO HR! and i hope that everyone has a great holiday!

You know I'll grant your wish and send you a hard drive. It's somewhere between 20 - 80 GB I forgot how much and it's just sitting here looking me.

PM me turt. :)

Last edited:
Also to anyone that wants it and is willing to pay for shipping I'll send this out I haven't used it in years. It was my very first mixer.

X-34PHOTO.jpg

As far as I know I think this thing still works. I remember having an issue with the reverse button not staying down or something like that.

Back