Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: pay it forward to people in need..

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by notbradsohner
    Maybe we should just use this stuff to set up a mobile recording studio and go around to inner city schools and let kids record.
    An inner city school. Like mine..

Thanks
    Honestly this is a great idea, but I have a strange feeling that people on here are not terribly "strapped" for cash. For those that are, by all means, I am more than happy to help out with donations of whatever you can use that I may have. As such, I would like to propose something a little different!

Everyone enters in a few items that they would like to see go to a better home. Then, on a given date, we take all the names of the donors, put them in a big hat, and draw names. The first name up, picks one piece of gear form the big list, and arranges the shipping. Keep going until all the names are drawn. Assuming everyone has put in at leats one piece of gear, then everyone has something different, and everyone has given out something that they don't use anymore.

Anyone in?

Simon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lim
    Honestly this is a great idea, but I have a strange feeling that people on here are not terribly "strapped" for cash. For those that are, by all means, I am more than happy to help out with donations of whatever you can use that I may have. As such, I would like to propose something a little different!

Everyone enters in a few items that they would like to see go to a better home. Then, on a given date, we take all the names of the donors, put them in a big hat, and draw names. The first name up, picks one piece of gear form the big list, and arranges the shipping. Keep going until all the names are drawn. Assuming everyone has put in at leats one piece of gear, then everyone has something different, and everyone has given out something that they don't use anymore.

Anyone in?

Simon
    Im In! I donate a Guitar Pick.
    "Sorry wont Suture My Colon"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joro
    Hey Jamal...
    I could really use the guitar for gigging man....
    I can offer up A pre-Sonus Tube Pre.....

I had to sell all the rest of my extra stuff besides what I gave away at the raffle at Jamfest.....
    done .

pm me your mailing address .
    [url] http://www.myspace.com/blameamy[/url]

Thanks
    Awesome! Who wants the Fostex? I could use that mic pre.
    when the dust all settles and all of us have gone our life ways, the only thing anybody will care about in those recordings is the content. The songs and how they are performed. - SouthSIDE Glen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lim

Anyone in?

Simon
    ok i didnt see this until i had posted" done" to JORO ....damn i think this may be a better idea ...if more than one person needs an item i think the name in a hat deal will work .

im pretty stoked to see the amount of people who responded ..i see lots of stuff people are willing to send out but not many people saying they need something ...so here ..i need a bass .

i have a borrowed one here now , but would love to have my own .

how about we have a xmas draw say next week ?..

J.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Bucket
    ok i didnt see this until i had posted" done" to JORO ....damn i think this may be a better idea ...if more than one person needs an item i think the name in a hat deal will work .

J.
    How exactly does the draw a name from a hat work on a forum?

Thanks

im pretty stoked to see the amount of people who responded ..i see lots of stuff people are willing to send out but not many people saying they need something ...so here ..i need a bass .

i have a borrowed one here now , but would love to have my own .

how about we have a xmas draw say next week ?..

J.

On that note. I need some mics stands, if anyone has any willing to part with..

Thanks
    i..i need a bass .

J.
    I have a Aria Pro 2 (mad axe) that i want shot of. The pots need cleaning and maybe a small amount of work on it but im willing to get rid of it. Postage may be a bit far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gummblefish
    How exactly does the draw a name from a hat work on a forum?
    WELL ..for my guitar i thought i would just put who ever needed its names into a hat at my house and draw one ?..wouldnt that work ?.

i mean do i need a lawfirm to verify the authenticity of my drawing?!?!

Thread Information