pay it forward to people in need..

I dig the 'put names in a hat' idea.

I could really use the SM57 that someone listed. Mine crapped out on me last year and tuition has eaten up all my extra funds that might have gone toward a new one. I was trying to buy a cheap 58 in the Buy/Sell forum, but I haven't heard from the guy in a few days so I don't know if that's going to go through. If it does, I'll take my name out off the list for the 57 here.

Here's what I have to offer:
1. An old Ibanez 'Compressor' stompbox
2. Alto BK2.0 Compressor/Limiter/Gate
3. My old SM57 (which crackles and cuts out, but may be able to be repaired easily enough by someone with the know-how...)

I also Have a Laney LineBacker 50W Guitar Amp That i could do without. Again May be a bit far and Heavy, perhaps one of the Irish or English Lads may be interested.

Jamal Bucket said:
i mean do i need a lawfirm to verify the authenticity of my drawing?!?! :D
Yes....hire Schiester, Shootem and Screwem. They worked wonders when I had a "small problem".... :D

2lim said:
As for the the guys with Tube pres....... I just fried my behri tube pre, and don't have anything to replace it with now, and probly won't be able to have anything up and running until well after Christmas.
To whoever is closest to Ontario(for shipping purposes) PM me, and we will work something out.

Merry Christmas !

Simon

done deal dude....

Merry Christmas man!

PM me your address and I will ship it off...
Box and all... ;)

Jamal Bucket said:
ok i didnt see this until i had posted" done" to JORO ....damn i think this may be a better idea ...if more than one person needs an item i think the name in a hat deal will work .

how about we have a xmas draw say next week ?..

J.

oops.............. :o

Oh yeah I also have a Tascam MF-P01. Probably not much use to anyone, but if there's any newbies just starting to get into recording...

Jamal, because you started this, I am now on a mission to find you a bass. I know some ex-musicians, and a few have basses sitting around collecting dust. I would have happily given you mine, but I just started playing bass in a band again. Rest assured, I WILL find you a free bass!

Simon

Oh one more thing. As of next wednesday, I'm leaving this bbs til April, so if anyone wants my stuff, you've only got a few days. I got shipping covered.

watermelon said:
Oh one more thing. As of next wednesday, I'm leaving this bbs til April, so if anyone wants my stuff, you've only got a few days. I got shipping covered.

Where you going man?

I think everyone here trusts Jamal. I think that he should be allowed to draw the names and post the list. Let's set a deadline sometime next week to offer something up. Also, I dont think we should have people without a reputation in the drawing. What is to prevent someone from taking but never actually returning the favor? I have good faith in most people here, but if someone shows up with 10 posts, should the be allowed to put up something that they may or may not have?

notbradsohner said:
I think everyone here trusts Jamal. I think that he should be allowed to draw the names and post the list. Let's set a deadline sometime next week to offer something up. Also, I dont think we should have people without a reputation in the drawing. What is to prevent someone from taking but never actually returning the favor? I have good faith in most people here, but if someone shows up with 10 posts, should the be allowed to put up something that they may or may not have?
Well this whole thing is to give something. If someone was to do that it would be like breaking into someone's house and stealing presents, and they deserve to have my boot firmly planted in their dot.

watermelon said:
Well this whole thing is to give something. If someone was to do that it would be like breaking into someone's house and stealing presents, and they deserve to have my boot firmly planted in their dot.

And according to your penis size, that's a damn big boot! :rolleyes:

notbradsohner said:
Oh ya, I also have a Fostex MR-8. The red one, with a flash card, not the new black ones, but it's better than nothing.

They are a great machine, I once had one and swapped it for an Up right Piano.

Back