pay it forward to people in need..

Great idea! I'm going to post a comment now to keep this thread near the top, although I won't have a chance to look through my gear for freebies until later this evening.

Again, excellent idea!

I have an old drum kit, just toms and bass drum, which if anyone wants it, they can pick it up. There's no way in hell it will ship, haha. I offered it earlier to anyone if they'd take it at Jamfest next year for $20, but this seems to be towards a good cause..or something.

wow! there really is a santa clause:) or many of them......

being that i'm a cook and get payed enough to get rent and bills covered(eat at work:)) i really don't have anything to offer in the way of tangable goods, but i would love to spend some time on a bassline for some one if they needed.

i'm not much for taking handouts, but i would scrape together the cash to pay shipping on a harddrive if one of ya'll had one collecting dust. my 10 gb that came with the pc is approching full, and there isn't much left for me to delete.

WAY to GO HR! and i hope that everyone has a great holiday!

How bout a Fostex VF08?

It was in someone's flooded basement and the original 20 gig Hard Drive was FUBAR... I threw in a 5.1 gig from when I upgraded my VF16 and the thing fired right up :)

So fully functioning with a 1/4th of the original storage... But it's an 8 track.. How much space do ya need?

:D

Jamal... I am totally interested in your 'Paul and I'm out here on the coast so I could come pick it up.
If it works out that way, I'll throw in my Squire Strat... Nothing much, but for a drummer, it's been a great player for me

:)

Oh ya, I also have a Fostex MR-8. The red one, with a flash card, not the new black ones, but it's better than nothing.

andycerrone said:
I have an old drum kit, just toms and bass drum, which if anyone wants it, they can pick it up. There's no way in hell it will ship, haha. I offered it earlier to anyone if they'd take it at Jamfest next year for $20, but this seems to be towards a good cause..or something.

...why did i get anonymous neg rep for that?

I've got an old Carvin SX-200 amp..still works great, but I have a new amp. It's heavy, so shipping might make it not worthwhile.

I've also got some mics I never use, 2 Nady's and an MXL.

Maybe we should just use this stuff to set up a mobile recording studio and go around to inner city schools and let kids record.

Honestly this is a great idea, but I have a strange feeling that people on here are not terribly "strapped" for cash. For those that are, by all means, I am more than happy to help out with donations of whatever you can use that I may have. As such, I would like to propose something a little different!

Everyone enters in a few items that they would like to see go to a better home. Then, on a given date, we take all the names of the donors, put them in a big hat, and draw names. The first name up, picks one piece of gear form the big list, and arranges the shipping. Keep going until all the names are drawn. Assuming everyone has put in at leats one piece of gear, then everyone has something different, and everyone has given out something that they don't use anymore.

Anyone in?

Simon

2lim said:
Honestly this is a great idea, but I have a strange feeling that people on here are not terribly "strapped" for cash. For those that are, by all means, I am more than happy to help out with donations of whatever you can use that I may have. As such, I would like to propose something a little different!

Everyone enters in a few items that they would like to see go to a better home. Then, on a given date, we take all the names of the donors, put them in a big hat, and draw names. The first name up, picks one piece of gear form the big list, and arranges the shipping. Keep going until all the names are drawn. Assuming everyone has put in at leats one piece of gear, then everyone has something different, and everyone has given out something that they don't use anymore.

Anyone in?

Simon

Im In! I donate a Guitar Pick.

joro said:
Hey Jamal...
I could really use the guitar for gigging man....
I can offer up A pre-Sonus Tube Pre.....

I had to sell all the rest of my extra stuff besides what I gave away at the raffle at Jamfest.....

done .

pm me your mailing address . :)

2lim said:

Anyone in?

Simon

ok i didnt see this until i had posted" done" to JORO ....damn i think this may be a better idea ...if more than one person needs an item i think the name in a hat deal will work .

im pretty stoked to see the amount of people who responded ..i see lots of stuff people are willing to send out but not many people saying they need something ...so here ..i need a bass .

i have a borrowed one here now , but would love to have my own .

how about we have a xmas draw say next week ?..

J.

Jamal Bucket said:
ok i didnt see this until i had posted" done" to JORO ....damn i think this may be a better idea ...if more than one person needs an item i think the name in a hat deal will work .

J.

How exactly does the draw a name from a hat work on a forum?

Jamal Bucket said:

im pretty stoked to see the amount of people who responded ..i see lots of stuff people are willing to send out but not many people saying they need something ...so here ..i need a bass .

i have a borrowed one here now , but would love to have my own .

how about we have a xmas draw say next week ?..

J.

On that note. I need some mics stands, if anyone has any willing to part with..

gummblefish said:
How exactly does the draw a name from a hat work on a forum?
WELL ..for my guitar i thought i would just put who ever needed its names into a hat at my house and draw one ?..wouldnt that work ?.

i mean do i need a lawfirm to verify the authenticity of my drawing?!?! :D

Back