pay it forward to people in need..

i can't beleive how generous people are in this thread. i have a whole new faith in the human race...i'm not kidding. i was starting to get real down on life these last few months and after reading thru this thread have never felt better about being part of this world!

you all kick ass!

BTW...i'm not suicidal, thank heavens! but life is ruff as everyone knows, and i have never seen such selfless acts in my short 29 years on this planet! i'm starting to get juicy so i'll leave it at that...i have half a mind to share this thread with the world, but not sure that would do justice...so i'll just pay it forward as this is the coolest idea ever, and will pass on the feeling more personally.

WAY TO GO HR!

the one thing that i could ever want in life or need is a job in the biz! i'll even work for room and board! that would be the best pay it forward for me as i would use the knowledge to keep the music alive!

but the hard drive BIGWILL is nothing short of putting me closer to my goals!

thanks a heap!

bigwillz24 said:
I'd tried to ship that out to you today on the way to work but FedEx was closed. :( Looks like it will be monday.

no sweating here :) just sitting on my thumb smiling at the thought that your cool enough to do this for me :D

Last edited:
broke 57 and computer hardware

HeyHeyMyMy said:
3. My old SM57 (which crackles and cuts out, but may be able to be repaired easily enough by someone with the know-how...)

I would be happy futzing around with your broke 57 if it's still available.

I think I have some hard drives I can donate. In fact I have a shed full of older computer stuff that I always give away right and left. If your old computer needs a part let me know.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

MXL 770 is gone.....went to hairylarry. I will ship it monday. I alredy have your address from when you sent me the tunes ;) . It couldnt have gone to a cooler guy....................Still have klipsch 2.1. They may not be monitors, but they are better than laptop speakers ;).....just something to hold someone over.

hairylarry said:
I would be happy futzing around with your broke 57 if it's still available.

I think I have some hard drives I can donate. In fact I have a shed full of older computer stuff that I always give away right and left. If your old computer needs a part let me know.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

Hairy Larry,

The 57 is yours if you'd like it. PM me where you'd like it shipped to and I'll send it out tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

notbradsohner said:
Awesome! Who wants the Fostex? I could use that mic pre.

I have a friend who is an excellent songwriter but has nothing to record with. A Fostex MR-8 would absolutely make his Christmas. I'll pay for the shipping and maybe we could send it right to his house as a surprise? Anyone have a cheap mic that we could send him too? Maybe I'll take a look on eBay.

HeyHeyMyMy said:
I have a friend who is an excellent songwriter but has nothing to record with. A Fostex MR-8 would absolutely make his Christmas. I'll pay for the shipping and maybe we could send it right to his house as a surprise? Anyone have a cheap mic that we could send him too? Maybe I'll take a look on eBay.
I've got a few inexpensive condensors, and I think a PG58....I'll look, if this sounds interesting.

Dogman said:
I've got a few inexpensive condensors, and I think a PG58....I'll look, if this sounds interesting.

Whatever you can spare. I'm sure he'd be thrilled as long as the mic worked. Thanks very much!

You make me feel like giving

Hi,

Thanks out to toon and HeyHeyMyMy. I didn't expect this to happen so fast. Now you guys got me in the spirit of giving.

So I repeat, old computer stuff. Hard drive, CD-ROM, modem, network card. If it's not on the list let me know and I might have it.

Also not really about Christmas but I will help you promote your act for free on Delta Boogie.

http://deltaboogie.com

And for non cheesy Christmas music pm me your address and I will send you "The Gift". (never be ashamed of vigorous self promotion. Dizzy Gillespie said, "You've got to blow your own horn.")

Right after Christmas I'm going to start a box of stuff for next Christmas' giveaway thread.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

hairylarry said:
Hi,

Thanks out to toon and HeyHeyMyMy. I didn't expect this to happen so fast. Now you guys got me in the spirit of giving.

So I repeat, old computer stuff. Hard drive, CD-ROM, modem, network card. If it's not on the list let me know and I might have it.

Also not really about Christmas but I will help you promote your act for free on Delta Boogie.

http://deltaboogie.com

And for non cheesy Christmas music pm me your address and I will send you "The Gift". (never be ashamed of vigorous self promotion. Dizzy Gillespie said, "You've got to blow your own horn.")

Right after Christmas I'm going to start a box of stuff for next Christmas' giveaway thread.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry
Got a power supply? My daughters PC just crapped out, and I just replaced everything but the power supply.

And speaking of that - I have a bunch of network cables and a little 4 port hub if anyones interested.

Here Dragon,

epiphone silver sparkle les paul
1 unit rack shelf
Boss HR-2 Harmonist pedal
Ampeg SVT II Pro
pre-Sonus Tube Pre (3)
Behringer Virtualizer
AKG D65
AKG D80
lexicon LXP-15 reverb/fx unit
Nady CL-5000 compression unit (2)
Fostex VF08