Otari MX-5050 1/2" 4-track and 8-track machines/stuff FS

sweetbeats

Reel deep thoughts...
I have a friend who is looking to sell some Otari gear.

I don't know prices and such, but I can 100% vouch for his character.

He is in Tennessee.

If interested send me a PM and I will get you in contact with the Seller and then the two of you take it from there.

• Monitor bridge for an MX-5050 MK III 1/2" 4-track -OR- the whole machine for parts (complete machine on-hand plus the "three cables, and a couple other parts")
  • MX-5050 MK III 1/2" 8-track remote control and auto-locator plus the cables & floor stand

Is that a complete 8-track machine for sale, w/remote, autolocator & stand...or just the remote, autolocator and stand?
Kinda not clear. :)

Do I need to talk to your friend for prices...or do you know what he is asking?

I've been considering a 1/2" 8-track, if something good came up with a decent price...but I'm not actively looking to buy, so I don't want to mislead your friend. I'm just window shopping at the moment...and if I see something I like.... ;)

Sorry for the confusion... :o

On the 8-track stuff it is just the components listed; the remote, auto-locator, cables and cart.

And I don't know prices. I could find out but I'd rather facilitate contact and then step aside...but I'll see if he has an idea in his head.

Check it out...he wants $100 + S&H for ALL OF IT.

One clarification, the "cart" listed on the 8-track stuff line is the stand for the auto-locator, NOT the console for a tape machine.

So I confirmed with him that he just wants $100 for a complete 1/2" 4-track Otari and an 8-track 5050 MKIII remote, auto-locator with stand and cables.

Shipping could be hefty but if you are in the Tennessee area this could be quite the deal!

[EDIT]

He is willing to sell all or part.

The status of the 4-track is unknown. The Seller got the Otari stuff some time ago as he was interested in getting into multitracking but it became one of those "someday" ideations and the stuff has been in storage. The Seller is an expert in restoring and operating vintage Quad VTR's so that's where his primary interest resides.

The 4-track is complete though and I suspect if it is not fully operational it wouldn't take much to get it going. If you want more detail let me know and I can get the two of you in contact.

Back