Mojave ma 201fet

antispatula

Hey guys. Just got this mic. Listened to a mic shootout with this one included and sounded like the holy grail to me but was dissapoonted how it sounds specifically on my voice. Heres a link to the auction with pics, etc.

Mojave Audio MA-201fet 201 Condenser Mic (FREE SHIPPING) 889406174962 | eBay

If someone would prefer to purchase it on this forum, I would bump down the price to 399 as then I wouldn’t have to pay the ridiculous eBay fee. Shipping would be 9 dollars. I’m just getting back into recording (very busy life, just starting my fourth year of med school) so have not been posting much on the forum for a couple years, but as you can see I have a long history of being part of this forum and have sold various things throughout the years on here. If you’re interested, send me a message. We can even talk on phone to make sure I’m a legitimate person if you would like.

A few interesting things I’ve noticed with this Mic. Its Significantly heavier than most LDCs I’ve had. It also Records a couple dBs quieter than my other Mike’s, but I only have a modified C1 and mxl v67g to compare too ( and for those that are worried, I’ve never run into the problem of not having enough gain on my preamp for it or anything like that to send a perfectly solid signal). This Mic has a very special high end which is the reason I got it. However, for the project I’m working on right now, I’m looking for a more dark mellow sound. I wouldn’t say this Mic is overly bright, but it definitely has a special “ in your face” inimacy to it, especially when you record from 4-5 inches away.

Back