Marshall DSL40C with Celestion Creamback

I wanted to sell it quickly, so I priced it low. All of those $700 ones have been sitting around for a while (one of them has been listed for 4 months). And I didn't want this thing taking up floor space for months on end. I do wish that I'd factored another $50 in for negotiating room though. Just shipped it out today, hopefully the buyer enjoys it as much as I did.

You sold it too cheap - everyone else is getting $700 for them!

Yeah, retailers. They're not going for that much used from individuals.

Congrats on the quick sale though Tadpui. Someone got themselves a nice amp with a killer speaker for a good price.

Yeah, retailers. They're not going for that much used from individuals.

Congrats on the quick sale though Tadpui. Someone got themselves a nice amp with a killer speaker for a good price.

Thanks! I actually feel pretty good about it. Like you say, someone got a good deal on a good amp, and I was able to recoup a good chunk of the amp's value in just a few days. It's a hell of a lot better than the $240 that GC offered me! I actually told them that their offer was absurd :D But they were gonna turn around and sell it for $400. So $500 - $550 is pretty fair for a used one, even though mine was in excellent condition.

Right, you could have maybe gotten more, but you'd also be sitting on it for a while. They're nice, and that speaker is a huge upgrade, but it's not like it's a rare vintage collector's item. You did fine. Now go buy that B cab. :D

Right, you could have maybe gotten more, but you'd also be sitting on it for a while. They're nice, and that speaker is a huge upgrade, but it's not like it's a rare vintage collector's item. You did fine. Now go buy that B cab. :D

One step ahead of ya...I'm picking it up this afternoon :D

Back