Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Looking for a dead ADAT

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Looking for a dead ADAT

    Sign in to disable this ad
    The input/output board on my Alesis XT20 has a blown resistor (and probably, a damaged transistor). Does anyone have such a unit where the transport or power supply is dead and they want to get rid of the unit? All I really need is the input/output board but I would buy the unit if I have to.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    214769
    Ill check and see. Somewhere i think i have one with a broken power supply that i would be fine with getting rid of. The only problem is there is a adat tape i would love to get out of there as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Great!

    Great! Let me know as soon as you can.

    Quote Originally Posted by darnold View Post
    Ill check and see. Somewhere i think i have one with a broken power supply that i would be fine with getting rid of. The only problem is there is a adat tape i would love to get out of there as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    199054
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsndman View Post
    The input/output board on my Alesis XT20 has a blown resistor (and probably, a damaged transistor). Does anyone have such a unit where the transport or power supply is dead and they want to get rid of the unit? All I really need is the input/output board but I would buy the unit if I have to.
    If the deal falls thru with darnold and you can use an Adat XT ( 16 bit) board, I have one you can buy..It just shows Error #7 but PSU,etc. works fine..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: dead adat

    Quote Originally Posted by snatchman View Post
    If the deal falls thru with darnold and you can use an Adat XT ( 16 bit) board, I have one you can buy..It just shows Error #7 but PSU,etc. works fine..
    What is your price?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    199054
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsndman View Post
    What is your price?
    Make me an offer plus shipping..Give me a PM..!..Thanks..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    214769
    Sorry for the delay. The unit i have had a bad powersupply so i gave it to a buddy for repair. While fixing it he also discovered the reason why they blow out so easy, i guess there is like a mismatched resister or something that is just slightly off. Anyway he replaced both and got it up and running but the adat itself is still giving a start up error. I never got it back from him.

    So now im just waiting to hear back from him and hope he still has it since this was probably 5 years ago or so.

    Otherwise i might actually have a fully working one i might be willing to sell as well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. "Dead Souls" My Tribute to a Dead Person I Loved.
    By JordanD in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 07:06
  2. tape heads: when is dead dead?
    By slowmotion in forum Analog Recording & Mixing - Tape & Gear
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 17:45
  3. Looking for dead ADAT blackface
    By crawdad in forum Alesis Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2002, 11:04
  4. Is the ADAT dead? Alesis' new HD24......
    By MMHaus in forum Alesis Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-21-2001, 07:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •