Langevin Dual Vocal Combo

Farview

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finally letting this go. It's an awesome preamp with an LA3A-style limiter on each channel and shelving EQ. It is great on everything, but especially vocals. The limiter can get crazy reduction before you even hear it. It has the classic vocal sound of the 70's and 80's. It's also great on acoustic guitar and bass for the same reason.

Langevin Dual Vocal Combo Made by Manley Labs | eBay

Last edited:
I saw this on eBay yesterday.
If I didn't already own one... :)

$800 is a super price if no one else bids.
These are often passed by, because people don't realize that they are getting not one, but two units that can run independent of each other...I'm assuming yours is the later year model that has the separate connections one the back that allow you to split the preamp from the limiter...?

That's how I have mine wired to my patchbay. I can use just the preamp or add the limiter to the chain...or use the limiter in combination with some other processing, independent of the preamp. Not to mention, in the preamp section, the high and low EQ options are really great for tailoring most signals with the frequency choices provided.

The preamp is on the "warm" side...no rudeness or edginess.

The DI input on the DVC kicks ass with bass guitars. All my bass tracks go through that and nothing else....though I do on occasion add the DVC limiter if I want a particular compressed sound or if I'm playing stuff that has some notes that tend to really pop.
The limiter on the DVC can knock off the peaks without that aggressive, "cut off" feel.

Mine does have the 1/4 preamp out and limiter input. I've heard the newer ones have xlr I/O for those connections. This one is from the early 2000's.

Back