Just an Ebay "Bargain Guitar" headsup!...

kidvybes

...I just received an LP style guitar purchased on Ebay from this seller...turns out it was built by Samick back in 2004 and was meant to sell for quite a bit more than the $100 I paid...Korean Epi quality...Grover Rotomatics...beautifully finished neck & fretting...nice hardshell case...(the case and tuners are worth the cost alone!)...great for modding...just a heads-up for anyone looking for a killer "beater" or a terrific mod platform at a reasonable price...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZsthomps1762

...shipping was $35...so a total of $135 for a flamed maple-capped, setneck, mahogany bodied, binded body/neck, alnico v buckered, Grover Rotomatic equipped LP with rectangular hard case?...that's just amazing...and the guitar I got is flat out beautiful!...

...the guitars currently listed on eBay are the exact same style but are matte finished without binding...still all mahogany, alnico v buckers, Grover Rotomatics, and come with the same hard case...the necks on these guitars, btw, are beautifully finished...very clean fretting...and the sound is classic LP vibe...

...here's a review on HC: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/ARROYO/Les+Paul+Model/10/1

Attachments

• arroyo1.jpg
    arroyo1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 346
  • arroyo3.jpg
    arroyo3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 337
  • arroyo4.jpg
    arroyo4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 337
...here are some better pics I found from an earlier eBay auction for the same Arroyo version that is currently up on eBay...looks like the knobs were swapped out for LP speed knobs and a position plate was added to the switch...I actually prefer the original knobs myself...you can see the Samick (Korea) serial numbers on the back of the headstock...

Attachments

• 488f_12.JPG
    488f_12.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 5c18_12.JPG
    5c18_12.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 542d_12.JPG
    542d_12.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 4d4b_12.JPG
    4d4b_12.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 310
...more pics here...

Attachments

• 4b01_12.JPG
    4b01_12.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 595a_12.JPG
    595a_12.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 56a1_12.JPG
    56a1_12.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 309
Thanks! They do look nice...even though I shouldn't be interested, I am :)

Yours looks better, with that maple top. But the others are nice...I may watch this seller to see if he/she has any other of the maples.

Thanks!

Thanks! They do look nice...even though I shouldn't be interested, I am :)

Yours looks better, with that maple top. But the others are nice...I may watch this seller to see if he/she has any other of the maples.

Thanks!

...definately keep an eye out because I believe there are a couple more of the maple topped versions to come...

How do you like the bridge kidvybes? I would love to get this and change pickups and pots. I am very interested, good heads up. Thanks, Erockrazor

How do you like the bridge kidvybes? I would love to get this and change pickups and pots. I am very interested, good heads up. Thanks, Erockrazor

...to be honest, I was prepared to upgrade the PUs and pots, but the guitar sounds so nice (very smooth and fat...vintage LP for sure) that I'm holding off...there's no cheap hardware on this guitar...great tuners, frets are dressed and smooth, and the pickups are classic Alnico V Magnet humbuckers (mine have the chrome covers, the matte-finish guitars have exposed PUs)...I would say, if you're lucky enough to grab one, play it for a while before thinking about messing with it...you may be pleasantly surprised, as I was...the thing didn't even need a setup...action was sweet right out of the box...maybe just luck, but you have to understand that these guitars were made by Samick shortly before they shut down their guitar manufacturing in Korea...so these were made at the end of the Korean Samick era...quite a few years of building guitars to get it right...;)

Congrats on your win man...I hope you're as happy with that black singlecut as I am with mine...can't beat that deal with a stick...;)

Haha thanks a lot man. The only thing I'm afraid of it that I beat someone from this BBS in the auction :eek:. Actually, I might be proud of that.:)

Had to step it up to 112 but expected shipping to be a bit less. He ended charging me 35 for shipping from Cali to Jersey. Seems on the high side to me. Are you vybetribe, I looked at another arroyo one and thought that would be you but it was a sunburst I think.

I have a JB model ready for play if the stock alnico's dont make the cut.

...yeah, I'm vybetribe...I got a honey flametop...same $35 shipping...it's fair considering it's an 8 lb guitar in nice sturdy PVC molded hard case (the case and the tuners are probably worth close to $100 alone)...the guitar you won is equivalent to a $350-400 Epiphone (without the case)...I researched these guitars thoroughly...last of the Korean Samicks...very nice necks and fretting...nice vintage LP tone...I think you'll be satisfied...built better than my Xaviere XV700 LP style which cost me $220 ($246 shipped and no case)...let me know what you think when you get it...

...just emailed the seller to see if any more of these were going up on eBay anytime soon...he replied that there was one last grouping of guitars left...that would be the last of these custom built Korean Arroyo guitars, at least for now...anyway, that final stock should be listed sometime in the next day or so on eBay...I will get the link and post it as soon as they are listed...if you're even thinking about an early Christmas purchase, don't miss this opportunity...

...I used to consider my 3 Squire '51s the best new guitar purchase I ever made for under $100, but the Arroyo completely eclipses that thought...easily a $500 street valued instrument...;)

...shipping was $35...so a total of $135 for a flamed maple-capped, setneck, mahogany bodied, binded body/neck, alnico v buckered, Grover Rotomatic equipped LP with rectangular hard case?...that's just amazing...and the guitar I got is flat out beautiful!...

...the guitars currently listed on eBay are the exact same style but are matte finished without binding...still all mahogany, alnico v buckers, Grover Rotomatics, and come with the same hard case...the necks on these guitars, btw, are beautifully finished...very clean fretting...and the sound is classic LP vibe...

...here's a review on HC: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/ARROYO/Les+Paul+Model/10/1

is this one a set neck or bolt on? I couldnt really tell
BTW Korean guitar makers make exceptional instruments.
that is a very good price for a guitar of that quality plus a hard case... ya I will prolly be bidding on one
if nothing else to re sell for a profit.

...all have set necks...these are solid and excellent examples of quality Korean guitar manufacturing...I bought 3 and would buy more if I had the cash...just put my GFS Xaviere XV700 LP up on Craigslist after finding these...much nicer...;)

...all have set necks...these are solid and excellent examples of quality Korean guitar manufacturing...I bought 3 and would buy more if I had the cash...just put my GFS Xaviere XV700 LP up on Craigslist after finding these...much nicer...;)

that says a lot tome right there
thanks.

Back