I am about to part with my very high end tube stereo gear

Before I list this stuff elsewhere,.... I will take some resposible and real offers here.
I have two tube stereo amps ..
The first is just the amplifier. It is an EICO HF-86 14 watts per side, Mullard tubes, both 12DW7/7247 and the EL84/6BQ5 are Mullards and as of it being taken off line , or I stopped using it, about 18 years have passed
So it will need reconditioning,
The second amp is a Dynaco, and is a complete system that includes the amp, ST-70, and a tuner and preamp both matched to the amp.All have Telefunken tubes
This unit was taken out of service to be refurbished as a slight hum developed in one channel..
no speakers or anything else comes with these but
.I do have the SAMS with schematic for the EICO
The DYNACO amp is still rated among the top 3 all time for a tube stereo amp.
The EICO was also very highly rated ..
Taking your 'offers VIA PMs or send me an Email,.... they will go up on Ebay, or Reverb soon, so dont hesitate.....
S

So I guess nobody is interested in this stuff, with over 1000 views and not one question or comment, ???
I guess nobody wants quality stereo gear any more???
No one even asked for photos, or ???'
Kinda sad really....
S

Remember that most of the views come from web bots scouring the internet.

But yeah, high-end stereo equipment is like the very lowest priority for me. I've got decent stuff in the studio, but for the house it's all crap. Yet that crap is good enough for watching movies or casual listening. Tough market. Good luck.

Tough market, indeed. You've had about 10 views from real registered users, though.

Maybe add some pics, location, rough pricing...

Being honest, you didn't really sell it very well.
"So it will need reconditioning"
"a slight hum developed in one channel"
Both have snags - frankly the 18 years wouldn't;t actually worry me that much, but I figured there would be "However, I've plugged it in and it works fine", but there wasn't - so my conclusion was we had one that didn't work after 18 yrs and another with a hum - my interest faded at that point. Few people are going to give a stranger money for kit that sounds like it's old, tired and possibly not even working?

Sorry - but if you have older, but 'narrow' kit that only appeals to hi-fi enthusiasts, we're probably not the right place. Frankly, the last thing I would want in my studio is a tube amp - I'd quite like my amp and monitors to be as truthful as they can be. If they always have a warm sound, what happens to my work replayed on solid state kit without the nice distortion? Studios are the place for sonic purity, or as close as I can get. The hi-fi brigade and their tastes are not something I want to get involved in.

Yeah I haven't really pushed this stuff cause I problywill never be able to afford this high quality again, I have had both for a very long time I am 72, and yes both units worked when I stopped using them, just got busy actually earning a living and 60-80 hour weeks do not allow much 'foolin around with my stereo' time...
So just replaced with solid state which is fine for occasional listening and such...
Never got back to either amp for a REAL look.
The Dynaco could be as simple as a tube replacement, altho now it prob needs to be recapped as well....
As I said, both were working when I stopped using them.
The Eico willn prob be fine just brought up slowly with a Variac.... Prob would not like just being plugged right in.....
Average price for both ... the EICO HF-86 will go for around $500 and the Dynaco complete system would be about $1200 or if I do the 'reconditioning', $1500.
Keep in mind a Macintosh amp of the same caliber is going for $2500 -$4000..just for the amp..

I don't know that HR is the right spot for selling vintage tube stereo gear. Just look at the number of people who worry about spending $100 on an interface or microphone. Likewise, they use $50 headphones for mixing down because they can't afford a $350 pair of active monitors. They aren't looking to spend $1000 on a tube amp.

The only thing that I have with tubes these days are guitar amps. All my stereo (3 full systems) and recording gear is solid state. I pretty much gave up on the "high end" stereo 20 years ago. I rarely even fire up the component system. (I actually think the IMFs might need to be recapped as they sounded somewhat harsh and bright the last time I listened to them). A simple Onkyo receiver into a pair of Vandersteens gives me very good sound.

Back