Good Guys List

Hard2Hear

In response to some bad people abusing this forum, let's put a list for all to see here of people on this forum we have had good dealings with and would vouch for. Here's a list of people I can think of that I've dealt with here who I had good dealings with, and can vouch for me as well:

JR#97
Dolemite
CyanJaguar
NL5
Purge
Whyte Ice
Jamal Buchet
ausrock

Maybe a moderator will make this a sticky? If not, let's all use it and keep it bumped.

H2H

Thumbs up for -

Hard2Hear
ChristopherDawn
CJWalker (slow ship)
Sixtoo
Randy

I'll think of some more.......

NL5

ps - I second the sticky, and coming up with a permanent solution.

Last edited:
Good idea. Hard2Hear is the only person I've dealt with so far and it was a perfect transaction. Would you guys rather hear from people who have had multiple dealings on here and can give better opinions, or have everyone list their experiences? People could then easily type in usernames as a search function and have kind of a poor man's feedback forum.

Edit: I'm feeling real smart. Just realized that a search function would simply lead everyone to this thread. My bad.

Two big thumbs-up for dtb.

I bought a Roland GR-30 guitar synth from him. Dan sent me the unit and told me if I liked it, send him a check... if not, send it back.

A class act. :)

H2H, thanks for the thumbs up.

So in response I can return the compliment.

Hard2Hear
Tubedude
Flatpicker

Edit:

I must add the name Rubo to this list.

To tell how good this guy is would fill a couple of pages so I'll just say that early this year we bought 8 Les Pauls and a PRS from him, he is in Canada and at our request had to get new genuine cases in from the US, then shipped it all to Australia............he is bloody fantastic to deal with.

Plus being well acquainted with a few others from here.

I've also dealt with a fair number of other people in the US through Ebay and have never had major problems.

:cool:

Last edited:
My username used to be ChristopherDawn for anybody that lists me up there.

I don't remember who I dealt with with the Great River/VMP-2 trade, so hopefully he'll mention himself so I can add him.

The good list:

NL5 (VMP-2 for cash
BGAVIN (v67 for cash)

And that's all I remember because he was recent. Haha.

Last edited:
I tried to buy a MXL v67 from Warren Thompson (xpurt, I think), but our emails kept crossing paths, and by the time I sent him payment via PayPal, he had sold it to someone else. To his credit, he sent me my money back, but I was kinda pissed that he didn't wait longer, especially since he had said I could buy it and that, by that time, it was obvious we were on different schedules. So no money lost, but a promise broken.

Last edited:
Purge said:
People could then easily type in usernames as a search function and have kind of a poor man's feedback forum.

Or how about a poor mans swindle...

Simple create another screen name, post a few times, then post an item for sale, then use another screen name and claim you bought it and post here that the deal went Super Smooooth. :D

:eek:

I've been lucky enough to have only good experiences in my few dealings here... (bought a mic from freshmattyp...sold to all the others...)

freshmattyp
D. Parting
formerlyfzfile
fucanay
Cacophonix
Rhythmschism

NL5 said:
The VMP-2. :)

Oh yeah. Haha. My list spree went something like this: Great River mp-2nv > VMP-2 > Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier rack mount. Haha.

How are you liking it?

GOOD GUYS

Alex Herd
Analytical Man (Shaun)
Chessparov (Chris)
Fenderlikingood (Rick)
Fab4ever (Chris)
Scriabin (Zack)
Voxvendor (Joe)
Whyte Ice

and Voxvendor gets the special 5-star award for packing....everybody else did a good-great job packing, but Joe takes the cake......my wife and Mom sat there laughing at me try to get into that baby.....hell, id challenge UPS to try an damage something he packed....... :D

i've had very pleasant, smooth, and quick dealings with chessparov and CJWalker. i'd buy stuff from them again in an instant.

funny, though, that i see the following post from MadAudio, b/c i had the EXACT same thing happen......

<<I tried to buy a MXL v67 from Warren Thompson (xpurt, I think), but our emails kept crossing paths, and by the time I sent him payment via PayPal, he had sold it to someone else. To his credit, he sent me my money back, but I was kinda pissed that he didn't wait longer, especially since he had said I could buy it and that, by that time, it was obvious we were on different schedules. So no money lost, but a promise broken.>>

i too tried to buy a v67 from xpurt and he sold it to someone else out from under me. i too got the money back (it later went to CJWalker ;)), but i felt like i needed to shower after the whole situation.....blech.

cheers,
wade

Chris. said:
My username used to be ChristopherDawn for anybody that lists me up there.

The good list:
BGAVIN (v67 for cash)

Chris is a standup guy. The V67M was exactly as described and in mint condition. Emails were A+, and delivery was quick and safely packed.

Ditto for DEEPWATER who sold me a Soundcraft mixer.

Ditto for WARHEAD (Warren Dent)

Back