Good Guys List

freshmattyp said:
Lety me put in a good word for thajeremy. I just sold him the 2 Oktava's I had on sales. Excellent transaction all aorund.
thanks man...and I will also put in a good word for freshmattyp for selling me to Russian Oktava MK-012's at an AWESOME price!!!

Hey, I sold him those Oktavas. Standard deal, best price I could weasel out of GC, my cost, and he buys my album. Sorry, you gotta do what you gotta do. Just one question, Matt, didn't you like the mics? I'm not busting your balls or anything, I'm just curious. I think I'm just jealous, 'cause I'm not on the good guy's list. I think I've screwed nobody. BTW, I've done a couple of transactions with Rick W., and he is a proven good guy.-Richie

well...I recorded a little accoustic tune yesterday and used them all the way...vocals and all...pretty pleased for the 20 mins that I put into it. What you got for sale now Richard...make me a good deal on something and ill add you to the good guys list...:p

I can get Sennheiser e835's cheap. Last one's I paid $36 apiece, in the box. It's probably op to $45 now. Because I *am* a good guy, I won't say what I sold the Oktavas to Matt for, as I don't know what he sold them to you for. I can tell you that I picked them out of a set of six as most similar in output, and tested them to make sure they wern't DOA, but I never used them. I've still got a pair from that set of six, and I used them yesterday on Indian rhythm sticks. The other pair went to Rick W., who had one die about a week after he got them. He said he was planning on having it fixed/mod'd. I offered to exchange it, but he never got back to me. Oh well.-Richie

You're right, Richie - I never DID get back to you. Sorry about that. The Oktavas actually work great now. The problem wasn't with the mics at all, but found out that they like to work with certain cables. Apparently that was the problem. I found some cables where the connectors fit better (not as tight) and the mics are working famously. Little did I know that connectors had different sizes (well, variable specs anyway). Either way, you did me a huge favor by picking them up for me and it's greatly appreciated. You're on the good guys list as far as I'm concerned. :)

freshmattyp said:
I have sold to Chessrock and Sklathill, both quick, easy transactions and I would not hesitate to do so again. Special recognition to Richard Monroe, who made a trip to the GC near his home and bought me 2 Oktava's after the subject came up in a thread with another member. If I'm not mistaken, Richie even lost a few cents on the deal. He's one of the good guys for sure.

Edit - I forgot to mention Colorado Jay. Another good buyer.

You got a mention from me about those Okatava's back on page 1 of this thread. I did like them quite a bit, but ran into a bit of a cash crunch this month. I already had a matched set of 603's and a pair of AT4041's that are my favorites right now. The Oktava's were the ones I thought I could sell the quickest. I knew someone out there would give them a good home.

For the record: Richard Monroe is not only one of the good guys, he's one of the best people here.

Just completed a killer trade with Tmix. I got a snare out of the deal and it came very well packed and extremely fast. I would not hesitate to deal with him again. Super nice guy.

Here's a big thumbs up for angusdevil! I just (7/12/05) received an EV N/D 757 from him that I paid for on Friday (7/8/05). The mic is great shape, sounds great, and was packed well! I used to have this mic but sold it. I've been looking to rebuy it for awhile now.

Thanks, Craig! You rock!

MrBoogie - Good Guy!

Here's a quick word to let y'all know that MrBoogie is a straight-up dude! I had a flawless transaction with him... I believe he can be trusted for good deals here!

And a Good Guy vote right back at traidma. Taavi paid uberquickly and really helped me out when I was in a bind. Thanks, traidma!

Of course, I have to add packinmn. He bought my Delta66 and paid as agreed. No problems at all.
By the way, thanks packinmn!

Darkstar

Buy with confidence!

The Rolls Headphone Amp & Korg Effects processor I got from Darkstar's studio liquidation sale were priced right, packed well, shipped promptly, and he kept me informed with stellar communication throughout...

Thanx again!

:D

Back