FS: TASCAM 34B New-In-Box!

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
Hi,

I'll be posting about 7 pictures below so please bear with me.

First, a little background on what and why I'm selling. As some of you may know, especially from the Analog Only and TASCAM forums, that I was lucky, and I mean LUCKY, to score a NIB (New-in-box) 34B about 5 or 6 mnths ago on eBay. It indeed was unused and looked as if just arrived from the factory. Periodically, I found myself calling and visiting audio & video depts at schools, radio stations etc .... Well, I happened onto a local radio station here in town and, to make the long story short, I came upon ANOTHER new-in-box, as in absolutely unused, TASCAM 34B! Basically, they've had some unopened and unused "stock" of reel to reels and the 34B was one of 'em. The guy said they "went digital" so will not have use for 'em. Needless to say I got a good deal and ... it did cost me substantially less than what I had paid at eBay auction just 6 mnths ago. I knew this was a lucky break and perhaps the last one I'd see in such condition. Anyway, I already had a 34B so I had to decide whether to keep it or sell it and buy more gear (comps etc ...). Fact is that I always need more gear and found myself struggling to pay off my credit card and being able to afford stuff I didn't have but needed. I had to decide if I really "needed" another 34B. Well, I want 2 but "need" one. Here's your chance to get a new-in-box, unused TASCAM 34B with large hub adapters and original manual. As I knew a lot about the 34B already, I very carefully tested each of the functions and can tell you in 100% certainty that ALL functions and all lights perform as new. Again, this is a new unit with absolutely no usage, no scratches, no cosmetic or functional flaws etc ... I inspected it carefully and in every detail and I know it is unused and new. Obviously, such a machine, in this condition, is worth more than the typical used 34B on eBay. I will consider a "best offer". I will take cash, money order, certified cheque and PayPal (but only if you cover the approx 3.5% PayPal charge I get stuck with). For additional safety I will double box it and put tons of bubbles and styrofoam between the outer box and the TASCAM box. Yeah, I know how to pack! :) (Local pickups in the Vancouver, BC area are ok with me). Now, once again, you're getting the 34B, original manual and large hubs - all new in original box. Sorry, I do not have the original TASCAM metal take up reel but you can find a similar one on eBay cheap. What I can include is a 7" take up reel and a new 7" Quantegy 456 1/4" tape. I bought several for my other 34B so I can include one of each as a bonus. Anyway, if you're interested just send me a Private message (PM) (with your email) and I'll get back to you using my proper email. Lots of picts coming up ... --------Daniel

That's almost worth me flying over to pick it up, man ...
Hmmm, I have many friends in your area ...

Beautiful deck - I envy the lucky SOB who will end up with it.

And wish it was me ...

Cheers,

Mike

very nice

... i was just about to buy a 388 when i saw your ad. i am very interested in this deck, and could possibly come up from portland, or, to get it. have you had any offers on it yet? if so, what kind of ballpark are we talking? i have limited funds, but would love to try and scrape together whatever it would take to take this off your hands.
you can send me a pm if you like... thanks - jv

I've had some persons enquire about the price .. and .. after some thought I'd say that if I get $600 USD then I'd sell. If not then I guess I'll be stuck with 2 NIB 34B's .. but that ain't such a bad thing I guess .. :D ;) See, it is really not worth it for me to sell for less 'cause I'll end up almost giving it away and still being in the red financially. So what's the point ? Personally I think $600 is well worth it but I guess it's up to the buyer to decide and not me .. ;) Ok, I'll shut up now .. ;) :)

Daniel

Man, I 'd love to have that... unfortunately I'm damn broke right now and am reduced to buying cheap pieces of gear to satisfy my hunger for equipment :(

teknomike said:
That's almost worth me flying over to pick it up, man ...
Hmmm, I have many friends in your area ...

Beautiful deck - I envy the lucky SOB who will end up with it.

And wish it was me ...

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the kind words Mike. Yeah, it is a beauty alright .. Too bad you live soooo far away. :(

Thanks,

Daniel

would you be up for a trade?

was wondering if you would like to trade your tascam?

I have a Audio Technica 4050

I also have a RNP preamp from FMR Audio for trade as well.

If you feel like any one of these items isnt worth enough money than we could talk item + some cash.

Let me know what you think?

E-Mail me at nebula6511@yahoo.com

Re: would you be up for a trade?

Frusciante_Fan said:
was wondering if you would like to trade your tascam?

I have a Audio Technica 4050

I also have a RNP preamp from FMR Audio for trade as well.

If you feel like any one of these items isnt worth enough money than we could talk item + some cash.

Let me know what you think?

E-Mail me at nebula6511@yahoo.com

Well, IF I'd consider a trade then it would only be for a (1) NIB (new-in-box or unused) TASCAM 246 and a (2) very "mint" 234. Other than that ... sorry ... :(

Thanks,

Daniel

Vintage TX said:
Man, that is not often you find a brand new 34:)
I would keep it for future use.

Yeah, I'm seriously considering just keeping it .. I mean, I absolutely LOVE my first 34B and would hate to sell the 2nd one for next to nothing. I know what the going prices are for a NIB 34B, currently, but I think it is worth a lot more, at least to me.

Thanks,

Daniel

A good serviced used 34 with hub-adaptors and manual is around $500-750.00.
But consider the rubber-parts like the drive-belt and counter-belt + pinch-roller need to be replaced if you decide to keep it.
But those parts, sealed in a air-tight bag and tuck away together with the deck will be coming handy the day you want to use it again or the next owner.

A new one "NIB" I would not sell for less then $ 1000.00 but if I was still using reel to reel for recording as you are, I keep it instead.;)

Back