FS: Ramsa WR-8118 & Sountracs Topaz 32

AlexHerd

Ok, time to clean house. Sorry for the crappy pictures, they're all I have at work. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or for more detailed pictures. I may also be down for trades...THANKS! Please email me AlexHerd AT gmail DOT com (I will be out of town from June 17-22, so I may be out of contact)

Ramsa WR-8118
This is a great console to "warm up" your digital recordings. The board is built with high-quality Panasonic components and in my opinion, the preamps sound great! This is not a Mackie, the pres are in a completely different league. I believe that it dates between 1979-1987.
The Good:
I bought this console in a mostly working state in late 2009. The console was completely overhauled by Jim Sidney at Gourmet PA in Cranberry Township. If memory serves me correctly, he serviced the power supply, replaced many channel components (resisters caps, pots etc..), and thoroughly cleaned all pots and faders. I am using the board just for the preamps and I can tell you that the pres, direct outputs, inserts and EQs are all very quiet and sweet sounding. I really like DI keys through this board, they sound great!
The Bad:
Because of the way that the channels are mounted inside the console, the cost to completely fix channels 17 & 18 would have been significant. We decided that it made sense to leave these two channels as they were. I cannot say that I've even tested them, so I do not know their state, I've only ever used 1-16 which all function well. The aux sends on this console are functioning but I've never used them because they are a little noisy. I had Jim look into this in early 2010 and he said that they are within spec and that the sends are just noisy compared to modern equipment.
The Ugly?:
Cosmetically speaking, the board is actually in pretty good shape for being over 25 years old. The leather isn't torn and all the metal is in pretty good shape. The wood sides are a little scratched up as you would expect.

The Ramsa has been in my studio and has not moved since I brought it home from Gourmet PA in 2010. The only reason I'm selling is that I need more channels, I'm sad to see it go. Trying to be as upfront about its strengths and weaknesses as possible. I can include the manual, schematics and paperwork from Gourmet PA if you would like. I have about $700 put into this board between the purchase and repairs, but I'm willing to sell for $450 shipped, a lot of that going towards shipping. She's heavy! Also, you could pick up in Pittsburgh.

5G75Ee5K23Ka3M53Jbc5o9c97712356f21de0.jpg

5Ee5He5J33G83Nd3Hdc5o280017a644b316d7.jpg

Soundtracs Topaz 32:
This guy needs some work. It has 4 dead channels, 6 dead faders, and the insert jack to group four isn't working. Once again this one has been with Jim @ Gourmet PA, he said that all the problems are easily fixable except the faders. He said that it would be fairly easy to move the six dead faders to the end, fix the rest of the problems and have a fully functioning board with 26 channels. Fixing the faders is not out of the question either, you just need to find the part. That all sounds pretty bad, but most of the console actually works, and the power supply is 100%. I will send you his full report if you'd like. Comes with manual. Make me an offer. Shipping would be at least $150+. You can pickup in Pittsburgh.

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

Back