E-mu Audio Production Studio PCI

Bluestem

I'm selling a barely used E-mu Audio Production Studio Sound card. This features a 16-bit, 48 kHz A/D converter with Four analog inputs and two analog outs. Two of the inputs are switchable between line and mic levels, and all are TRS balanced. This is a pretty nice unit very quiet with a minimum of digital "artifacts" compared with 16-bit 44.1kHz systems. This is really best for someone interested in MIDI based recording who wants to add some live tracking as well. It also has onboard DSP and enables hardware access to 32Mb of Soundfont-based samples. (The memory comes from your computer's RAM.) I'm selling it because I have very little use for MIDI samplers, and would rather upgrade to something like a 1010. IMPORTANT: I misunderstood this when I bought it, I dodn't want you to. The system only permits the recording of TWO tracks simultaneously, as it mixes to stereo before the recording stage. E-mail me for more details. I bought it for $499. (MSRP $699) I'm willing to give it a good home for $350. It is 7 months old.

Additional info

This is not just an expensive version of SoundBlaster Live Platinum. Although similar, this sounds much better (to my ear), and has TWO onboard synths. Also, the mixer software that comes with it is very powerful, allowing all sorts of aux bussing. You can also buy an inexpensive upgrade to add two more analog outs, if you need them. (although I'm not sure how you would control what is sent to them) Also included are tons of really cool samples and some demo versions of popular recording software. I used it w/ Cakewalk Pro 9 to great effect, but as I previously stated, MIDI is really not my primary interest. Also, I am willing to ocnsider interesting trades.

Back