Casio MT-400V (Yes, the playable analog filter Casio!)

diggy_dude

Now 169% diggier!
If you know what this item is, then you know you want it. The only reason I'm selling mine is because I subsequently acquired the full-sized version (the CT-410V).

For those who don't know what this is, it's a vintage Casiotone keyboard with faders that control the filter attack, decay, sustain level, cutoff frequency, and resonance in realtime. There is also a switch to choose the filter source: tone (main keyboard voice), rhythm, bass/chord accompaniment, or noise generator. You can also use the LFO for an auto-wah effect. There's a slider for the LFO speed, which also affects the stereo chorus. The filter can't be pushed into self-oscillation as-is, but there are cheap and easy mods on the Web for that.

There are 20 "consonant-vowel" (i.e., two cross-faded waveforms per voice) patches and 12 rhythm patterns. Each pattern has 4 bass and 4 chord variations. The vibrato, chorus, sustain, and reverb are all switchable.

This keyboard is rare and highly coveted among Casio enthusiasts, for obvious reasons. If you think the Korg Monotron is cool, you'll shit a brick when you play with this baby! Learn more about it here:

Casio CT-410V (MT-400V)

The link above details the larger CT-410V, but the two have identical features.

PM me if interested. Thanks! :)

Nice Diggy ;) you should keep both and play two handed.

Is this a factory straight or modded in any way?

Factory straight. It originally had detachable speakers, but they weren't with the unit when I bought it. I've never seen one that had the speakers with it. One key flips up if you turn it upside down, but that doesn't affect the keyboard action. Everything on it works.

A very cool keyboard, is Stainless interested in putting it in his studio or is this still on the block?

Still on the block.

To answer your question as to why I don't play both keyboards two-handed: that would sound the same as playing one of them with both hands. They're the same keyboard in different form factors. ;)

Here's joy. I just got the missing detachable speakers for this keyboard. I bought them from the same guy who sold me the HT-6000. The speakers are nearly flawless. Not a single dent in the metal grilles. I now have one of the few complete MT-400Vs left in the known universe.

Needless to say, this unit is no longer for sale at any price. :cool:

DSCI0064.jpg

awesome dude, you sold it to yourself. now you gutta play two handed thou, to justify keeping two.
rock on.

Trolling about the interwebs regarding the Casio MT400V and came across this forum. If anybody's still out there and/or interested, I've got one of these I'm willing to part with. Musically, of course, any proceeds will go right into a Decision Bass guitar by Reverend.

Any-hoo--Casio MT400V in perfect working condition. Includes two original speakers and original 9V power supply. All the analog envelope-y goodness you could want out of this rare Casio 80s gem.

I'm the original owner, having purchased it new in 84 or 85 (can't recall exactly). Some normal wear and tear, but it all works perfectly. I'll probably post a separate ad for it here also. Can post pix if desired.

Got a rare Casio MT-400v package for sale on eBay rght now (Feb 2014) – in original Casio hardshell case with 2 original Mickey Mouse stereo speakers & Casio AC Adapter! 100% functional, all parts intact, including sliders & battery cover. Very rare package deal!

SEE: eBay > Musical Instruments & Gear > Pianos, Keyboards & Organs > Electronic Keyboards > ✭ Casio MT-400v + Hardcase + Speakers! SUPER RARE VTG Package! ✭

CasioMT800vFLASH-1.jpgCasioMT800vFLASH-2.jpgCasioMT800vFLASH-3.jpg

Back