Boss Dr-5, 2 Boss footswitches, Spectraflex and MIDI cables

MadTiger3000

Hello, Homerecording budget hounds:

After some consideration, I have decided to part with my Dr-5 and assorted accessories. I don't need it as much as I thought, and did not liquidate it last fall with other studio gear.

If you have had one of these and know about the power these versatile units, skip ahead. The Dr-5 is more than a drum machine, as it has a General MIDI brain, with keyboard, guitar, bass, string, and synth sounds. It also has a 4-track MIDI sequencer to record your own patterns. Simply muting the instrument tracks and playing the preset drum patterns will provide an extremely useful performance/practice tool for you. Guitar? You can use the guitar input and set it to be a cheap headphone amp, or play along with a rhythm pattern. You can even have it do pitch-to-MIDI and trigger sounds! Fun! Too much to list. I have a manual for it. I downloaded the PDF, and gradually printed it out, and had it professionally bound (spiral) with a clear plastic cover front and black back. Read it, and the possibilities are endless for the Dr-5. No major cosmetic problems.

The Boss FS-5U footswitches seem expensive at first (MSRP $29.95 EACH!), but they are extremely durable, and since they have a polarity, switch, are extremely versatile. These can be used as footswitches for your keyboard or another drum machine/sequencer/etc. I used them to control the Dr-5's functions via hooking them together and using a stereo cable. This cable is included in the price.

The 2 10-ft Spectraflex cables are used for left and right channel audio out of the Dr-5. I love braided cables, since they are extremely resistant to kinking up on you, and are very professional and classy-looking.

The MIDI cables are included FREE, as are a few patch cables that I don't bother with. (I always put free knick knacks in my deals).

If you made it this far, you are interested.

PRICES:

Dr-5: $100 firm.
If you check eBay, you will see that this is an AWESOME price.

2 Boss FS-5U footswitches: $45 firm
These are near mint condition. They look new.

2 Spectraflex 10-ft cables: $20 firm

2 MIDI and 3 misc. patch cables FREE!!! Frei! Gratis!

SHIPPING:

Shipping for the whole package is $15. Contact for individual pieces.

PAYMENT:

Payment can happen via PayPal or even Neteller. If it is by a personal check, cashier's check, money order, etc., of course payment must clear before I would ship anything to you.

Everything is as described and works, but the sale is AS IS.

Reply for questions, e-mail addresses, etc.

MadTiger3000 said:

After some consideration, I have decided to part with my Dr-5 and assorted accessories. I don't need it as much as I thought, and did not liquidate it last fall with other studio gear.

If you have had one of these and know about the power these versatile units, skip ahead. The Dr-5 is more than a drum machine, as it has a General MIDI brain, with keyboard, guitar, bass, string, and synth sounds. It also has a 4-track MIDI sequencer to record your own patterns. Simply muting the instrument tracks and playing the preset drum patterns will provide an extremely useful performance/practice tool for you. Guitar? You can use the guitar input and set it to be a cheap headphone amp, or play along with a rhythm pattern. You can even have it do pitch-to-MIDI and trigger sounds! Fun! Too much to list. I have a manual for it. I downloaded the PDF, and gradually printed it out, and had it professionally bound (spiral) with a clear plastic cover front and black back. Read it, and the possibilities are endless for the Dr-5. No major cosmetic problems.

The Boss FS-5U footswitches seem expensive at first (MSRP $29.95 EACH!), but they are extremely durable, and since they have a polarity, switch, are extremely versatile. These can be used as footswitches for your keyboard or another drum machine/sequencer/etc. I used them to control the Dr-5's functions via hooking them together and using a stereo cable. This cable is included in the price.

The 2 10-ft Spectraflex cables are used for left and right channel audio out of the Dr-5. I love braided cables, since they are extremely resistant to kinking up on you, and are very professional and classy-looking.

The MIDI cables are included FREE, as are a few patch cables that I don't bother with. (I always put free knick knacks in my deals).

PRICES:

2 Spectraflex 10-ft cables: $20 firm

SHIPPING:

PAYMENT:

Payment can happen via PayPal or even Neteller. If it is by a personal check, cashier's check, money order, etc., of course payment must clear before I would ship anything to you.

UPDATE:

2 Spectraflex cables pending.

Reminder that the power supply for this is not included. It uses a PSA-120T, which a pretty standard low-current-draw power supply. Of course, you could go with 6 AA dry cells. That will get old if you do not have 12 rechargeables that you rotate.

Woo! The last one of these I had lasted 5 years of playing out and only just died recently from somebody else killing it. A lot of people live and die by Monster, but I've always thought Spectraflex is a great gigging musician's cable.

hungovermorning said:
Woo! The last one of these I had lasted 5 years of playing out and only just died recently from somebody else killing it. A lot of people live and die by Monster, but I've always thought Spectraflex is a great gigging musician's cable.

But I have a knock-off by Digitech, of all companies, that I could sell someone.

The braiding looks so similar to the Spectraflex, that you could easily conclude that it was made in the same place, a la a private label/OEM deal.

MadTiger3000 said:
But I have a knock-off by Digitech, of all companies, that I could sell someone.

The braiding looks so similar to the Spectraflex, that you could easily conclude that it was made in the same place, a la a private label/OEM deal.

Digitech cable will be bundled gratis with the Dr-5.

MadTiger3000 said:

PRICES:

SHIPPING:

PAYMENT:

Willing to trade/barter for value of Dr-5 package.

With shipping, this would be $160. The value of your items you are offering will be agreed to be the average final auction price from the market, which of course is eBay.

Possible trade items include a cheap wireless router plus other value, a Tascam US-122 interface, etc. PM with offers.

Back