ARC2 Advanced Room Correction v.2 by IK Multimedia (Room Correction Plugin) $80.00

a
> > > PRICE REDUCED TO $70.00, DELIVERED IN USA < < <
MERRY CHRISTMAS

If you've added some acoustic treatment to your room but you're still confused about what you're hearing when mixing, this'll help.

I had an awful studio space where I was living. Small room, low ceiling and a ker=A=zee flutter echo. I treated the walls, ceiling and corners with DIY Rockwool absorbers (seat-of-the-pants methods for sure) and it worked well for tracking, but didn't cut it for mixing.

I researched ARC2 online and found some users who said it really helped, so I bit the bullet and bought it...and sure enough, it works. =]

I moved recently. Now I'm in a place where there's NO studio opportunity. No chance for acoustical treatment and no way to mix through monitor speakers, so I'm forced to track and mix through headphones. 'Had to buy a much more expensive solution for headphone mixing, so to offset a portion of that cost I want to sell my ARC2 system.

I used the plugin all the time, but only had to perform the set up (using the mic) four times: The initial setup and then three times when I changed some aspect of the recording/mixing environment and felt it necessary to re-calibrate ARC2. The kit has been stored in a cool, dry studio environment, wrapped in plastic with a desiccant pack inside the case. So it's like new.

When you buy I'll provide my login credentials for the IK Multimedia site. You can go there and download the latest update (v2.5) if you care to. There are also five (I think) free IK MM plugins that you can download from that same account/user page. WooHoo =D

Price is $80 DELIVERED within the continental US. The delivery will account for $10 to $15 of that, so you're not paying much for the software and the mic. There used to be lots of ARC2 information online, and probably still is. Read up and let me know if you want this.

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• 1_arc2.jpg
    1_arc2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 2_arc2.jpg
    2_arc2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 67
  • 3_arc2.jpg
    3_arc2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 4_arc2.jpg
    4_arc2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 5_arc2.jpg
    5_arc2.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
There've been 250 views of this thread, and not a single comment. So allow me:

There are links to "similar threads" (about ARC2) listed below this thread. In them you might read opinions by perfectionists and/or perceived Experts who are happy to tell you why ARC2 shouldn't work, but they're never willing to discuss why it does work. =]

There are some amazing tools available to us now that don't cost much, save us lots of time and trouble, and in some cases help us avoid the need for very costly equipment, construction and/or expert consultation. Welcome to the 21st Century: Technology's been replacing expensive expertise for the past hundred years.

Those who say they don't like "the way it sounds" - take their comments with a grain of salt. I have excellent hearing and enough experience to hear subtle tonal differences, and I say ARC2 will improve your mixes. You'll have to get used to hearing your room in a new/different mode: Play some commercial reference tracks through your monitors for an hour or two, then don't look back. If you listen to A/B comparisons later with ARC2 switched on and off, Off will sound muddy, muffled and bloated in the low end.

To the few who say the sweet spot is so small they don't get to move around enough, I say, "How much moving do you need to do?" Are your tracks so hot that you just gotta get up an' dance? =] If you're working on some gigantic mixing desk/console that forces you to wheel your squeaky chair from one end to the other, your room is already treated acoustically and you don't need to think about ARC2.

But if you're making music on a shoestring budget inside a DAW, and mixing in open-air, THIS IS THE BEST $80 YOU CAN SPEND. If you try to treat your space acoustically and you do it wrong, what have you got? Did you improve things? Maybe, but who knows. ARC2 is engineered to IMPROVE your mix experience WHATEVER your acoustical space happens to be.

For instance: If your room is an untreated disaster, ARC2 will give you a better idea of what's happening when you mix. If you do some basic acoustical treatment (see below) and then add ARC2 to the improved room, you're moving solidly in The Right Direction.

$80 is cheap for this. It cost me $300 and works as well today as it did when I bought it. =]

Last edited:
BLACK FRIDAY SALE! WooHoo!

Well, 3,400+ views and no takers... Must be the price. :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: BLACK FRIDAY SALE! :eek: :eek: :eek:

$70.00
That's ten dollars off.
A 12.5% discount.

HURRY! HURRY! HURRY!

DON'T MISS OUT!

THIS WEEK ONLY!

GET YOURS TODAY!

Woo :D Hoo​

Merry Christmas, and a PRODUCTIVE New Year

a
> > > Price is just $70.00, delivered in USA < < <
Merry Christmas

Implement this room correction plugin and MAKE BETTER MUSIC IN 2020. Happy New Year!

Considering all you put into your artistic expression, wouldn't it be a no-brainer to spend $70 on a HUGELY HELPFUL tool (that doesn't take up any space, and you don't even have to dust it off)?

=D

Last edited:
I don't get it.

Nearly 4,500 views (THAT'S FORTY-FIVE HUNDRED!) and no taker. No offer. Not even a single comment...?

No wonder you're not getting anywhere with your music. You're too afraid even to shell out $70 for something that would UNDOUBTEDLY improve your music production for years to come. $70 is well less than 1/3 of what I paid for it, and about half the current best online price for ARC 2.5.

You can download ARC 2.5 for FREE from IK Multimedia (I'll furnish my sign-in credentials) and based on what I read, ARC 2.5 includes a newer microphone that doesn't provide any noticeable difference in end results.

Last edited:
I don't get it.

Nearly 4,500 views (THAT'S FORTY-FIVE HUNDRED!) and no taker.

That's 4500 bots combing through threads to cull information for internet search engines. We can't differentiate between human users and search bots.

This site isn't as active as it used to be.

I've been having problems trying to sell guitars, laptops and game consoles. Seems like no one wants to buy used gear anymore.

That's 4500 bots combing through threads to cull information for internet search engines. We can't differentiate between human users and search bots.

Hey, Chili.

Thanks for letting me know. 4,500 bots...that's discouraging. I hope not all of those hits are bots, but I'm sure you know what you're talking about.

This site isn't as active as it used to be. I've been having problems trying to sell guitars, laptops and game consoles. Seems like no one wants to buy used gear anymore.

I guess "technology toys" are advancing so rapidly now that whatever's not The Bleeding Edge at the moment is basically "landfill."

American society (and maybe worldwide society) is in trouble. Seems like most Millenials have been brainwashed into only accepting what's "trending." Whatever isn't trending isn't even considered. Looks like an ever-worsening lack of judgement.

I'll leave this ad on the board for now, just in case some rational, motivated, thinking creative person ambles by... :D

Thanks,
Tom

Back