API rack for 312's and DIY rack for 512's

Joe E

I have two racks available.

The first is an API rack (chassis) that holds thier 312 and 325 preamp cards. For those who are not framilar with the older API setup, thier mic pres were mounted in a seperate rack from the actual console. The rack is currently set up and wired to house 8 x 312 mic pres. It has pigtails but no ends were installed, and it will need an external power supply, which I may or may not have an extra one of. It can also be changed to house up to 11 x 325 cards as they are narrower than a 312 without the mic transformers on them. If you want quality pres, buy this and start buying 312 cards on ebay. API sound equally as superb as Neve preamps and are in the same league. I have schematics of how to convert the 325 cards into 312 pres, that I would share with the buyer of this rack. Tonewise......Think Alex Van Hallen on drums. Many of those sessions were recorded with SM57's and API 312 pres. Asking $75.00 plus shipping for this rack.

I also have a rack that I started converting from another vendor to house the 512 and 525 modules. It is basically an empty cage at this point but most of the hard metal work is done. You will need to buy connectors and a power supply to get this up and running. I can supply schematics for this DIY project if needed. This would easily hold 8 if not 10 500 series modules. Complete, these racks are in the $400-500 range or more, I'll take $50 plus shipping in its current state.

API pres are awesome sounding and this is a chance to get into them cheap by not having a ton of $ in the rack. Adding channels would be very economical one you have the rack.

E-mail me at JRE_Productions@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Joe

Oh yeah, I am always interested in Guitar, recording and PA gear and will make trades if anyone is interested. But those prices are pretty low already.

I am looking for

Gibson pickups, parts and guitars that need repairs. (Necks etc)
Studio mics, maybe even another MXL V67 or ?
Fender tube amps in any condition.
Speakers (10's or 12's raw or in a cab)
PA gear.
A cover or case for a Rivera Chubster.

Joe

Back