Akai MG 1212,1214 and 14D Tape transfers

deslog

Hi Everyone.

I am now offering tape transfers for the Akai MG1212, Akai MG1214 and the Akai MG14D.
They all use the same tape(1/2")

I have all three machines in great working order. You can post me your tape and I will convert into a 24bit WAV files.

First I demagnetize and clean all heads,rollers and guide pins for the best quality playback before loading your tape.

I check the various songs and adjust audio levels to suit. I do not add any equalization.

All 12 tracks are transferred simultaneously into wave files for any DAW to read.

The 12 tracks can then be loaded straight into Protools, Logic etc.

Email me for more information.

Regards
Anthony

A flash-drive is supplied with your files and sent back to you with your tape/tapes. The below pictures are of my machines in the studio.

Akai Tape Transfers to DIGITAL FILES.pngAkai mg14d.jpgAkai MG 1214 and MG1212 Tape transfers.png

Last edited:
Hi Everyone.

I am now offering tape transfers for the Akai MG1212, Akai MG1214 and the Akai MG14D.

I have all three machines in great working order. You can post me your tape and I will convert into a 24bit WAV files.

First I demagnetize and clean all heads,rollers and guide pins for the best quality playback before loading your tape.

I check the various songs and adjust audio levels to suit. I do not add any equalization.

All 12 tracks are transferred simultaneously into wave files for any DAW to read.

Regards
Anthony

A flash-drive is supplied with your files and sent back to you with your tape/tapes.

View attachment 102674 View attachment 102675
I would LOVE to get some tapes transferred to digital. Are you still doing this?

REVIEW!!!
I'm thrilled to report that TPAudio transferred nine of my old AKAI 1212 tapes and the sound was pristine. I couldn't believe the quality after all these years. As a result, I've resurrected and started to revise a bunch of music I thought was lost forever. I highly recommend this service to other AKAI buffs! Thanks, Anthony.

One note: be sure to communicate with Anthony regarding sending tapes through Australian customs. It was a bit of a hassle (no fault of TPAudio), but you just have to know what to say on your shipping label.

Hi anamorhpic. Thank you.
Was a pleasure transferring these recordings.

Yes it initially was a hassle with customs even though many people have sent tapes from all over the world but yours got checked because of the value written on your form.
Customs thought I was buying your tapes but they were only being sent on a journey to me and then back to you so not an actual purchase.
It was because the value you put on the tapes was over $1000 AUS dollars which was the problem I found out.
So long as the estimated value is less then no problem.

This is the only time this has happened but it worked out in the end with a pristine transfer.

Yes, absolutely true. When FedEx asked the value of what I was shipping, I said $1500 thinking that would cover my sadness if something happened to the shipment. Australian customs thought I was selling the tapes and hence the problem. Completely my fault. They will flag anything valued over $1000.

But the eventual transfer was awesome and I am thrilled with the results.

Bottom line: the service was excellent, the sound amazing. Please don't hesitate to send your tapes to TPAudio.

Hi Everyone.

Regards
Anthony

A flash-drive is supplied with your files and sent back to you with your tape/tapes. The below pictures are of my machines in the studio.

View attachment 102675View attachment 112036View attachment 112039
I am interested in your rate for transfer.

Back