TrueTone D1143 Radio to Amp

It's sitting, waiting until I get time to work on it. I'm still contemplating on exactly what to do with it. I'm leaning on using it to build a Champ 5f1 clone.

And if I were to sell it, it would have to be local. And I'd be selling the original speaker, as I need a replacement for the new build.

It's sitting, waiting until I get time to work on it. I'm still contemplating on exactly what to do with it. I'm leaning on using it to build a Champ 5f1 clone.

And if I were to sell it, it would have to be local. And I'd be selling the original speaker, as I need a replacement for the new build.

Champ F1? Shame because that radio is a push pull op stage, vastly superior IMO to single ended amps. The speaker is likely of no use soundwise except to a collector of vintage radios! Is the energizing coil intact? They often went O/C and was the reason* the radios were chucked out. The P-P op traff is worth saving though but you MUST make sure the secondary winding is bonded securely to chassis one side. Talking of chassis the IEC earth MUST go to a dedicated, i.e. not use for any other purpose, bolt, nut and star washer, make the nut (M4) a nylock as well.

*SO common in fact that RS Components used to sell a combined "choke/transformer" so you could fit a conventional PM speaker and traff as an upgrade.

Dave.

Back