TPS II Schematic?

punkin

Univalve & Avatar Speaks
This is a double post...I posted in another section a couple days ago but no bites. Hoping that posting here will draw a better crowd. I have an ART TPS II that I use with keyboards once in awhile. One of the channels has suddenly dropped in level requiring that the gain be turned up quite a bit more than the other channel to get levels up.

I'd like to find a schematic for this thing and take a stab at troubleshooting before sending it off.

Anyone?

I submitted this request to the ART folks on their website...took a couple weeks to get a response but I recieved the full schematic via email a couple days ago. Thanks for the bump and the recommendation. I did pull the tube out, reinserted it and voila, it's working again. A new/replacement on order. I suspect a connection problem rather than the tube but what the heck...a fresh ECC83 can't hurt right?

Congratulations!

I'm glad to hear your TPS is working again! I really like my TPS and would love to have a copy of the schematic. Could you email me a copy?

How hard was it to open the case and access the tubes? I haven't tried that yet. I've pulled apart my Behringer T1953 preamp, and have been swapping in a bunch of old tubes I've acquired from other gear. Some sound better, some sound worse, and some barely even make a difference.

From the get-go, the TPS sounded great with the stock tubes, but now that I have some of these old tubes, I'd like to try them in the TPS, to see how they sound. I think the TPS is a much higher quality unit than the Behringer, and that it would possibly do these old tubes more justice.

Send me a PM with your email address...I'll send you the schematics. Tube replacement in these things is very straight forward. I haven't seen the benefit from replacing the tube yet as I simply reseated it but I expect the new one to show up any day now.

Hi punkin,

I have the same tube pre amp from TPS and I'm interested for the schematic of it. I'd like to make some modifications and the schematic would be very helpful for Me.
Please do me a favor and send it to Me to.

b.eberle@vtxmail.ch

Thank you very much indeed!

Bruno

For spam reasons, you probably shouldn't post your email address on a public forum. I'd suggest going back and editing that post to delete the email address, then send the other poster a private message.

Back