Sound Baffle / Acoustic Panel

rpriggleman

Hey yall here is a DIY that I did myself tonight I used 3/4" pvc pipe a piece of 1/8" paneling and the roxul mineral wool insulation aval. here it is 2" thick w/ the burlap material I am gonna lay a couple tracks to see how well it works in behind a mic.

Attachments

• IMG00035 (Large).jpg
    IMG00035 (Large).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
That looks nice and cheap, as in inexpensive. Good idea, I might steal it from ya!!

peace.

ok I will be making 3 more of these and I will take pics as I progress through the process. I used simple 1" X 2" boards the pvc pieces are 36" joints I mounted the wood to the pvc using 3/8 bolts and nuts. I plan on attacking another one today. So hopefully I will be able to post some pics later this evening or tomorrow. Hope that this helps some of you all.

after finishing one today it is a bit heavier because of the wood I used on the back and grant it that most of the wood is stuff I have lying around the garage and basement. I wish I would have used 1 and 1/4" pvc for mine but it will work for now I will be getting 1/8" subfloor material for the backs one day next week when I get a day off from my real job. Here are a few more pics though.

Attachments

• 100_1074.JPG
    100_1074.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_1076.JPG
    100_1076.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_1077.JPG
    100_1077.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 100_1079.JPG
    100_1079.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 255
Very good.

(Looks a lot like my version that I've been posting here on the board for over a year... I have similarly suggested that you can hang OC703 or rockwool in it.)
http://www.palmcitystudios.com/timobrien/music/soundbooth/simplesoundbooth.html

;-))

3/4" pvc is still fairly flexible. I found 1.25" to be better for self-standing units and can be assembled with no glue, making it collapsable for storage....

Man, I just caught this today. Great link. Thanks for the instructions! :)

Back