Some of my DIY gear

Rich_S

A bunch of my gear is DIY. Here are a few of my favorite pieces.

My clone of a Marshall 18 Watter, built on a converted Bogen CHB-20A PA amp chassis, and done up in the 2-tone-blue style of the old Univox Group B amps from the '70s.
TD8g6kq.jpg

More Univox: this started as a non-working chassis from and old solid-state amp that I bought off eBay for $9, just because I like the groovy '70s silk-screened graphics. New Hampshire Fender amp guru and old-electronics-junk-recycler MuchXs built a blackface Champ circuit into the chassis for me. I covered it in green Tolex to match a Lopoline 1-12" that I pair it with.
2bAcikd.jpg

Here's a pair of pedals: a triangle Muff and a Fuzzrite clone. The knobs came from a blown-up old Heathkit "learn electronics at home" oscilloscope. I hand-made the copper plates for a steam-punkish look. The red knobs were originally concentric and needed tops to cover the shafts. Pennies fit perfectly and maintained the copper look.
JoBpAFA.jpg

Last but not least, my Paisley Rat. Built to original '80s specs with the LM308 opamp. The graphic is a piece of paisley-print adhesive-backed vinyl that somebody over at the TDPRI forum made as an experiment.
2OCHyV1.jpg

awesome work man!
I love the blue Rolex head.
I have piles of junk non-working music gear that I keep and store because every time i throw something away an idea pops up and a part off what I threw away would have been perfect for it .
So, I just keep it all now.
;)

Back