Snake Bleed

ericampagna

I just built a snake that went from 6 XLR wall mounts to 6 XLR connectors using GepCo Multi-pair: GEP-FLEX 22 Gage. The problem is now when I plug in all the connectors to my board and a signal to one of the channels the signal shows up on all the channels just as strong. It just bleeds to the others. Someone please tell me what I've done wrong!!!

I just built a snake that went from 6 XLR wall mounts to 6 XLR connectors using GepCo Multi-pair: GEP-FLEX 22 Gage. The problem is now when I plug in all the connectors to my board and a signal to one of the channels the signal shows up on all the channels just as strong. It just bleeds to the others. Someone please tell me what I've done wrong!!!

Did you use the shields for signal and signals for shields or something?

My guess is that you split the pairs. Be sure that every twisted pair is wired to one and only one jack. That said, better snake cable has individual shields for each pair, and the GEP-FLEX cable doesn't seem to. If you have all the pairing right, it could just be that you're running too long a snake for that type of snake cable.

Back