Rivera Silent Sister Style Iso Cab Design

JimboShoe

Thinking of building a speaker isolation cabinet. The Rivera Silent Sister (SS) seems clearly the best design for a smallish solution. (I'll probably make mine a bit bigger.) Just wondering if I have his basic plan right? Can anyone who has one tell me? (See drawing.)
As Paul Rivera says in his promo video on the SS (on youtube), the cabinet is not completely sealed (which is the problem with all the other designs). In the SS, the sound pressure ports down a labyrinth. I know there's a port at the front of the speaker, and I think there's also one at the back, but not sure. Can anyone verify this? Since I think I prefer the sound of an open back cabinet, would there be any problem porting the back of the speaker like this?
Also, I plan to tilt the speaker mount board, as pictured, to help prevent the standing waves that could result from parallel surfaces. I suppose it would be optimum to angle some other surfaces, but that's too much hassle for me. I'll probably also put rockwool or similar insulation throughout the cabinet.
Paul says they added 32 feet to the cabinet via the labyrinth port. By putting in 7 staggered "shelves," as in my drawing, it adds only about 8' of labyrinth. So, in order to get 32', you'd need way more shelves spaced much closer together. (Math gives me a headache but, the SS is 31" x 20" x 16", so....)
Am I on the right track? Any helpful comments? Thx.
iso-cab-SS-style.png

Back