Need Help Getting Started with Acid Pro 6.0

jabernathy17

Hey thanks for your time.

I just got acid pro 6.0, a KORG Kaossilator, a KORG nano-pad, Korg nano-key, and KORG nano-Kontrol. (they were early christmas presents)

Anyway i'm not sure where to get started. i want to make some beats and such but dont really understand how to use the equipment. I played with the Kaossilator and nano-pad and had a blast but im not sure how to convert the sounds to loops or if you can even do that. I am also affraid to install the EZ drummer software it came with because i'm planning on buying a new computer in the next year or so and want to be able to use it on that computer.

I've played with Garage Band and know what i'm doing with that program but i dont have a Mac. (it was a friends) I took some classes on Acid when i was in high school but its been over 5 years since that and the software seems to have changed drastically. I'm debating on purchasing Reason 4 or another loop making type program that might be more user/begginer friendly. I'm planning on attending the Recording Workshop in Chillocothe Ohio this summer and want to have a pretty good handle on things before attending. Any advice is welcome and appreciate.

Thanks
Jamie

Back