Latest DIY project in use

Roguetitan

here is the S32 console cabinet which houses the snake Power cords lighting console Rack equipment and a lot of other stuff.
this cabinet allows me to keep the board hooked up, the only thing I have to do is roll out the break out box end of the snake and pull out the power cords
which saves me about an hour of set up time each week.

I just thought I would share some pics to give you other sound guys some ideas on how to make something like this for your equipment.

Here is a view of the cabinet closed
PICT0049.jpg

here is a pic in use
one side of the lid doubles as a table top.
PICT0042.jpg

here is a pic of the on board rack and storage shelving
PICT0044.jpg

here is a view of the power cord and dnake housing compartments
PICT0046.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

Wow!!! That's really awesome Rogue!! How long did it take you to make that and how about expense?

That would work really well for someone, who has limited space, using a multi-task room for studio.

it was a week long project and cost would be about $175.00 to $200.00 bucks for the 1/2" Birch plywood carpet, fasteners/latches and aluminum angle. but most of the materials were donated, it is good to know folks who own a cabinet shop.:cool:
that is not too bad considering a case like this would probably run somewhere in the neighborhood of $600.00 bucks or more if it were even available.

the shelves is 1/4" oak plywood to cut down the weight.
probably could have saved an extra few pounds without the carpet but that helps with shock and sound absorption.

this thing gets trailer'ed every week so it is definitely made road ready.

That is very nice -- did the cabinet makers help with the assembly at all? 20 years ago, my roommate was a furniture making maniac - he converted our outside storage house into a very well equipped woodshop. Now I can't find him anywhere -- rats!! :D

Back