How To Get Feedback?

Riffmaster

I use a Toneport and can't use a real amp for recording(getting feedback anyway). I've looked at the Sustaniac system-too expensive and the Acoustic Feedback plugin- don't know how practical that would be for real time use. Any suggestions?

Here's an acoustic feedback plugin:
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2970.html

I've never tried it, and it's $99.

*Update: Doh I just realised that the acoustic feedback plugin you mentioned, is probably the same one I'm thinking about.
I think it would be suitable for real time control, since it supports midi foot controllers. You'd probably link it to the "feedback amount".

What exactly are you looking for? What type of feedback?

I use a keeley modded ibanez AD-9 with the oscillation mod on the stock pedal to induce feedback. Not sure if that's kinda what you're looking for or not.

Thanks, i think since Uncle Sam sent my Economic Stimulus check I may blow $99 on the Acoustic Feedback VST. I watched a demo and it sounds killer.

Or a very small amp....

I've recorded feedback in my living-room, with a small Pignose amp.

With a nice overdrivepedal in front, and playing close to it, it starts feeding back at almost talking levels.:D

A tad boxy sound, but nothing a decent micing and EQ can't handle. And so much fun I almost peed my pants!:D

Here is something I use with the tone port. Get an e-bow and then set it to the harmonic overtone setting. If you loop it then you can play with the pitch of the loop. Hopefully I can get that up when I finish recording tracks with my band.

Back