How can i do this???

dualflip

Audio Engineer
Ok, so i have an MCI JH-500 mixing console, the fader scales (-20 -12 -6 0 etc) painted on the module are very blury due to the use and age of the console, so i want to know whats your advice on repainting only that part without having to take all the motherboard off from the front plate, i was thinking of using like stickers or something but they are not very good looking and they wont last too long. So i was wondering if you guys could help me out, some tips and how to do it.

BTW, im in Mexico City as you can see, so its not very practical to send all of my modules to the states.

Thanks

Ok, so i have an MCI JH-500 mixing console, the fader scales (-20 -12 -6 0 etc) painted on the module are very blury due to the use and age of the console, so i want to know whats your advice on repainting only that part without having to take all the motherboard off from the front plate, i was thinking of using like stickers or something but they are not very good looking and they wont last too long. So i was wondering if you guys could help me out, some tips and how to do it.

You could use the tried and true method: thick paint and a very small brush....

Failing that, you could make a silkscreen mask and do it that way, but you may have a hard time avoiding getting paint where you don't want it....

You could use the tried and true method: thick paint and a very small brush....

Failing that, you could make a silkscreen mask and do it that way, but you may have a hard time avoiding getting paint where you don't want it....

You mean painting by hand??, i think thats not going to be very good looking and very very tiresome.

Does nobody use masking tape anymore? Mask off everything, then use a razor blade to cut out the shapes you want painted. Spray and peel the tape off. Brush on a couple thin coats of clear over the top to keep the paint from peeling.

Does nobody use masking tape anymore? Mask off everything, then use a razor blade to cut out the shapes you want painted. Spray and peel the tape off. Brush on a couple thin coats of clear over the top to keep the paint from peeling.

Thanks for your help, that in fact works, but im not talking of a cheap behringer console here, and thats not the way to "treat" this console...., exactly thats why i wanted to hear more opinions, and thats why posted this thread, masking tape and spray paint is exactly what i dont want to do...

Fair enough. I guess the overspray is always a worry. The only other thing I can think of would be maybe something like this technique that I've heard of people using for headstock decals. Still may be a bit on the crappy end of the spectrum, though. Good luck.

Fair enough. I guess the overspray is always a worry. The only other thing I can think of would be maybe something like this technique that I've heard of people using for headstock decals. Still may be a bit on the crappy end of the spectrum, though. Good luck.

Looks nice!!!, thanks for the tip, ill try it on some metal surfaces first, although ill have to find some adhesive for metal. Thanks!

Back