Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How can i do this???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1085981

    Question How can i do this???

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Ok, so i have an MCI JH-500 mixing console, the fader scales (-20 -12 -6 0 etc) painted on the module are very blury due to the use and age of the console, so i want to know whats your advice on repainting only that part without having to take all the motherboard off from the front plate, i was thinking of using like stickers or something but they are not very good looking and they wont last too long. So i was wondering if you guys could help me out, some tips and how to do it.

    BTW, im in Mexico City as you can see, so its not very practical to send all of my modules to the states.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,743
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    3408652
    Quote Originally Posted by dualflip View Post
    Ok, so i have an MCI JH-500 mixing console, the fader scales (-20 -12 -6 0 etc) painted on the module are very blury due to the use and age of the console, so i want to know whats your advice on repainting only that part without having to take all the motherboard off from the front plate, i was thinking of using like stickers or something but they are not very good looking and they wont last too long. So i was wondering if you guys could help me out, some tips and how to do it.
    You could use the tried and true method: thick paint and a very small brush....

    Failing that, you could make a silkscreen mask and do it that way, but you may have a hard time avoiding getting paint where you don't want it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
    If you mod me down, I will only grow stronger.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1085981
    Quote Originally Posted by dgatwood View Post
    You could use the tried and true method: thick paint and a very small brush....

    Failing that, you could make a silkscreen mask and do it that way, but you may have a hard time avoiding getting paint where you don't want it....
    You mean painting by hand??, i think thats not going to be very good looking and very very tiresome.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    st lou burb
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,704
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1298057
    Quote Originally Posted by dualflip View Post
    You mean painting by hand??, i think thats not going to be very good looking and very very tiresome.

    that's why you make the big money...
    37.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot...

    hey give a guy some room... people are trying to evolve here... for crying out loud...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1085981
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedchord View Post
    that's why you make the big money...
    HUH? what do you mean??

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    st lou burb
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,704
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1298057
    i was being faecetious.... comedy??? it's a difficult concept....
    37.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot...

    hey give a guy some room... people are trying to evolve here... for crying out loud...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1085981
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedchord View Post
    i was being faecetious.... comedy??? it's a difficult concept....
    Ok, no problem

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1340234
    Does nobody use masking tape anymore? Mask off everything, then use a razor blade to cut out the shapes you want painted. Spray and peel the tape off. Brush on a couple thin coats of clear over the top to keep the paint from peeling.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1085981
    Quote Originally Posted by danw View Post
    Does nobody use masking tape anymore? Mask off everything, then use a razor blade to cut out the shapes you want painted. Spray and peel the tape off. Brush on a couple thin coats of clear over the top to keep the paint from peeling.
    Thanks for your help, that in fact works, but im not talking of a cheap behringer console here, and thats not the way to "treat" this console...., exactly thats why i wanted to hear more opinions, and thats why posted this thread, masking tape and spray paint is exactly what i dont want to do...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1340234
    Fair enough. I guess the overspray is always a worry. The only other thing I can think of would be maybe something like this technique that I've heard of people using for headstock decals. Still may be a bit on the crappy end of the spectrum, though. Good luck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •