heyo amp questions

astro932

ok so ever sense i got into building my own guitars i have started looking into building an amp and well im plum stuck i cant find any good schematics for what i want. im looking to build a head/combo i want it to be hot like around a 50-75 watt i want to put a speaker in the cab with it but i want an out so i can run it to a cabinet. im trying to find out like that in tubes and im now sure its impossible. i can do a lot of electrical stuff (not the best with reading schematics at times) i just i dont know any ideas or suggestions? thanks

I'm no expert either, in fact just finished my first kit build. A 1watt amp. (not tube)
If i where you i'd do some low power stuff before you dive in with a 50-75 watt tube project. Those things carry lethal voltages especially if you say your not too good with schematics anyway.
Take it steady. Dont run before you can walk as they say round here.
Just my two pence.
Welcome to the forum Astro

i have delt with some high voltage stuff i built a spot welder (really fun thing to build great teaching tool as well) its all in being careful with what your working with

Good luck to you then mate.
Theres loads of kits and schematics on the web.
Report back when you find a project to fullfill your needs wont you.:)

well i dont want to spend tooooo terribly much kits are cool only thing is i cant go and play one i guess maby im going more for building a clone

when you start building an amp from scratch, you are going to run into some money. Filter caps and transformers are not cheap. I wouldn't be buying the components off ebay.

Back