DIY Guitar Rack

60's guy

For anyone who may be interested in building a guitar rack:

I recently built a rack that holds 3 electric and 2 acoustic guitars.

Rack2.jpg

Rack6.jpg

Rack5.jpg

You can view or download the drawing plans:

General Assembly
Detail 1
Detail 2
Details 3 & 4
Details 5 & 6
Details 7 & 8

I was just about to gear up to make one of these, now I'll probably just follow your directions! Thanks!

I was just about to gear up to make one of these, now I'll probably just follow your directions! Thanks!
Thanks, Beni.

I have received many email notifications over the past 3 weeks informing me that the pfd files are in fact being downloaded. I'd be interested to see pictures posted by anyone who builds the same rack or a derivative version.

Bumping the thread because I'm still receiving 40 to 50 notifcations per week that folks are downloading the files. :cool:

Bumping this thread cuz folks are still downloading the pdf files. :cool:

Nicely done dude. ;)

AND....
I didn't know what a PDF was until now so you're just a WEALTH of information. :laughings:

Thanks for sharin this man. I'll wait til I get home to DL yer goodz.

:drunk:

I'd like to see some padding on those sharp edges of the bottom boards those gits are resting on.
Otherwise it looks great!

I'd like to see some padding on those sharp edges of the bottom boards those gits are resting on.

That's what I was thinking, except that I'd also want some (padded) rails at the bottom to keep the guitars separated so they don't bonk into each other.

Otherwise it looks great!
I'm still working on it.

Finding a soft material is one matter.

Finding a resilient material is quite different.

I'm still working on it.

Finding a soft material is one matter.

Finding a resilient material is quite different.

Have you tried felt, I used it on my guitar rack where the neck contacts the hanger and used contact glue to keep it in place. It keeps the necks in good shape, I got several 8 x 11 sheets of it from the Hobby Lobby store for about 11 cents each.

Attachments

• Rack with felt.JPG
    Rack with felt.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 98
That looks great randy! I'm totally making something like that, I outgrew my 5-guitar stand a couple guitars ago. That's WAY nicer than some off the shelf on-stage stand or whatever.. Thanks for the motivation :D

That looks great randy! I'm totally making something like that, I outgrew my 5-guitar stand a couple guitars ago. That's WAY nicer than some off the shelf on-stage stand or whatever.. Thanks for the motivation :D

"Off the shelf"??? How about On the Shelf?? I cut notches into a shelf and lined them with pipe foam (I think similar to Randy's liner). Two shelf brackets are screwed into the studs in the wall. It's very strong. I also covered the shelf with fabric, but that didn't come out very well and I will probably do something different when it gets near the top of my To-Do list. never.

Attachments

• IMG_4547small.jpg
    IMG_4547small.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 81
"Off the shelf"??? How about On the Shelf?? I cut notches into a shelf and lined them with pipe foam (I think similar to Randy's liner). Two shelf brackets are screwed into the studs in the wall. It's very strong. I also covered the shelf with fabric, but that didn't come out very well and I will probably do something different when it gets near the top of my To-Do list. never.

I have that same yammie bass in blue. Love it! :cool:

Back