Longest ever running #1 hit that you've never even heard

Have you ever heard of this song before seeing this post?

• Total voters

TAE

All you have is now
Well at least I've never heard.... Was talking with the wife about Gwyn Steffani and Don't Speak and wondering if it was her most popular song

Google. Billboard...Nope and guess what she has never had a #1 Billboard hit.... Then down the rabbit hole of who had the most well it was the Beatles Here are the top 10 #1 hit holders

But holy shit,,,when I went to see what #1 hit song had the longest consectutive weeks of holding that position I was floored to discover it is a relatively newer song that I have never heard before...and even more unbelievably it's from Billy Ray Cyrus and guy named Lil Nas X WTF? OK so I may of missed watching the grammys the last few years but literally I have never heard this song before today....

Gotta say this video brings some fun into this very kind of clever little #1 hit song holding the record for longest run 19 freeking weeks and I have never heard it before!

Wow so I'm running a poll here to see how many of you dumb asses have actually seen this video or heard this song ever before

Here's the song and video...OLD TOWN ROAD It's pretty cool

Well at least I've never heard.... Was talking with the wife about Gwyn Steffani and Don't Speak and wondering if it was her most popular song

Google. Billboard...Nope and guess what she has never had a #1 Billboard hit.... Then down the rabbit hole of who had the most well it was the Beatles Here are the top 10 #1 hit holders

But holy shit,,,when I went to see what #1 hit song had the longest consectutive weeks of holding that position I was floored to discover it is a relatively newer song that I have never heard before...and even more unbelievably it's from Billy Ray Cyrus and guy named Lil Nas X WTF? OK so I may of missed watching the grammys the last few years but literally I have never heard this song before today....

Gotta say this video brings some fun into this very kind of clever little #1 hit song holding the record for longest run 19 freeking weeks and I have never heard it before!

Wow so I'm running a poll here to see how many of you dumb asses have actually seen this video or heard this song ever before

Here's the song and video...OLD TOWN ROAD It's pretty cool

Brian Adams
Everthing I Do

And

Wet Wet Wet
Love is All Around

Both were from films in the 1990's, both were number 1 in the UK Charts for 15 weeks.
And both absolutely bored and sickened everyone and totally got on our f****** tits!
🥰🥰😅😅😅😅
If I had a pound for every time I had to play those bloody awful songs in a band to earn a crust !!!
😅😅

I was looking at the list for the Song of the Year for this year's Grammys. I haven't heard a single one of the songs.

I then went down the rest of the list. I've heard some of the songs on Kelly Clarkson's Christmas album but those are Christmas songs. They don't count. Reaching the bottom of the list there was finally a song that I had heard and actually play: “Patent Number 9,” Ozzy Osbourne featuring Jeff Beck.

It's obvious that I'm totally out of tune with the current musical world.

It's time to fire up some Pink Floyd and head for bed. G'Nite everyone.

Reactions: TAE
It's obvious that I'm totally out of tune with the current musical world.

It's time to fire up some Pink Floyd and head for bed. G'Nite everyone.
And when the world you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the moon...

Lawrence Welk is already there conducting his band as the tiny bubbles drop in the background :laughings:

OK wet wet wet NEVER ONCE heard this version but I dig it and love the original and have never once thought about covering it but sorry guys I think I'm going to take a run at it...a meld of this version and the Troggs.... Think Rod Stewart and Cindy Lauper taking a run at it and thats what place n space I'm going to try of it.

So songs that were hits that Some of us have never heard... The little pond that separats the U.S. from Europe and the cultural differences makes it so sometimes great art never is seen or heard of at one or the other... E.G. wet wet wet

So I googled it and then googled the Trogs version and THIS one popped up after I listened to the Troggs version.....

Coming up Next Have never heard of this cat and his band but hilariously cool...they were

I don't pay attention to the Grammys or pop/country top 40 so if I head any of this it was playing on a jukebox somewhere and I ignored it. They call this 'country rap'. One thing to take away from this - the Lil Nas version is under 2 minutes, the BRC version is under 2:40. If you want people to listen to (all) of one of your songs these days, make it short.

I’m pretty oblivious to most “current“ music (read post 1980), but even I’ve heard Old Town Road.

What do I win?

• Love
I don't pay attention to the Grammys or pop/country top 40 so if I head any of this it was playing on a jukebox somewhere and I ignored it. They call this 'country rap'. One thing to take away from this - the Lil Nas version is under 2 minutes, the BRC version is under 2:40. If you want people to listen to (all) of one of your songs these days, make it short.
Paul McCartney's advice on hit pop tune make em short n sweet...

In looking at a lot of the #1's of even famous people like Paul A LOT of #1 Billboard winners are collabs...In fact right now Sam Smith just got his first #1 doing a collab with Kim Petras

Unholy

I’m pretty oblivious to most “current“ music (read post 1980), but even I’ve heard Old Town Road.

What do I win?
Nothing until you put your answer in the Poll...then you will be the first one in this thread to say they have heard it before...Winner winner chicken dinner!
That's right sir you come out here to Covina California and I will personally buy you a chicken dinner at the same location I met my beautiful blue eyed blond haired princess 45 years ago. Of course back then it was a KFC and she had a hair net on. Now it's a Juan Pollo. You will be happy that it changed cause they put out some fine ass rotisserie chicken

Seriously I guess we live under a rock listening to local LA radio and watching the voice...somehow did not get the memo on this one...but it's a cute video.

Smithers said Everything I do - that is my remembrance of long term too.
I am being unfair maybe Rob.
Adams' ballad was a good song. And the Wets did a nicer more reworked version of Reg Pressley's simple original.

But can you imagine those two songs being top of the charts for 3 and a half months and being banged out 5 times a day on Radio 1? Of course people are going to get sick of them.

Worse still was playing both of them night after night in working mens clubs. That is why I mostly just got drunk and accepted at least I was getting paid for the misery.

LOL I remember when "You light up my life" came out and was the first song ever to reach double digits by staying #1 for 10 consecutive weeks. Nice song n all for the time but for crying out loud!
I wrote new lyric lines for it not knowing any of the record breaking statistics until just recently

You
You burned out my song
You played it too much
it makes me sick
You burned out my song
you over rotated it
I can't stand it
You
you burned out my song

It can't be right
when it feels so wrong
cause you
You burned out my song

:laughings:

Sometimes I find myself mindlessly singing, "Oh oh oh Ozempic"!. The commercial, to the tune of oh oh oh it's magic. It lasts for what, just over a minute? Just long enough, I reckon. Oh and the one that goes blah blah blah "upset stomach, diarrhea!". I suppose almost anything can be a hit if they push it enough. We can only hope the diarrhea! only lasts for so many weeks.

God damn .... I'm so happy to see that "Penny Lane" made it to number 1. What an incredibly written song. Can you imagine a song like that becoming popular (much less #1) today?

God damn .... I'm so happy to see that "Penny Lane" made it to number 1. What an incredibly written song. Can you imagine a song like that becoming popular (much less #1) today?
Paul was not a virtuoso on Piano but he was very good creating songs with paterns that involved a held triad with a moving pedal bass line and vice versa. Wasnt Penny Lane like that?

Sinatra once said that Long and Winding Road was a work of art and one of his favourite songs and I agree.
Then Spectre ruined it 🤨

Back